Stick to Football AFC South Preview

5 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

5-11 certainly isn't an unreasonable prediction as we sit 8 weeks out from the kickoff of the 2019 season, especially for a team that hasn't proven it can be consistent, for every win we have "stolen" from seemingly superior teams we have then turned around and dropped games to some dumpster fire level opponents.

So true.  Vrabel already brought up this very topic about being more consistent.  Hopefully he now knows what it takes for that to happen. 

Marcus absolutely need to start games faster and not wait until the 2nd half of games.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, despite the fact that the defenses the Titans have fielded in the last 3-4 years have managed to beat Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Brees, Wentz and Stafford, they're going to lose to all the good QBs in

He believed Griffin was a better QB than Luck coming out of college and loved Jamarcus Russel as a prospect. The idea hes infallible when it comes to grading players is laughable. Hes just a dude who

Hes never played, coached, or scouted period. It's like taking advice on how to build a nuclear reactor from someone who watches youtube videos on how to build nuclear reactors all day. Fans use his o

Posted Images

12 hours ago, smokeater said:

Sort of interesting concerning pre/post season sos over the last 3 years.  Some they nailed and others were way off as you would expect due to injuries, etc.  Average change was 9.33 spots pre/post.  No statistician, but that would seem to be significant.

I liked that last part. So are you expecting more of an 8-8 season then?

7 hours ago, Callidus said:

Ryan 5 of 11 seasons under 10wins, 3 under 8

Rodgers 4 of 11 under 10, 4 under 8

Wilson 1 of 7 under 10

Brees 9 of 17 under 10, 6 under 8

Rivers 9 of 13 under 10, 3 under 8

Eli 10 of 15 under 10, 6 under 8

Ben 8 of 15 under 10, 3 under 8

Luck 2 of 6 under 10, only played in 7 games one of the years though he was 2-5 and without him they were 6-3

These guys dont carry their team like you think they do. I know I left out brady and peyton but no1 needs me to look up the pats and colts won 10 every year.

Andrew Luck has absolutely carried that team. The Colts are nothing without him. 

3 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Andrew Luck has absolutely carried that team. The Colts are nothing without him. 

Wasnt my point. From what i looked at the only qbs since 2000 that seem to almost guarantee 10 wins are Peyton, Brady, Wilson, and luck.

The Pats and Hawks have been stupid good beside thier qb situation.

Which leaves the clots with having been the only real example where the qb carried the team almost alone.

This team has way too much talent to not win at least 7 games and they have historically played UP or DOWN to the level of their competition.  +/-3 games average means somewhere between 6-12 games won this season.  Obviously, this is weighted more towards the bottom of the scale than the top but I can definitely see a scenario for outcomes at either end of that scale, regardless of the QBs we face this season.  

5 wins is no more feasible to me (barring major injuries) than is 14.  

15 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

I liked that last part. So are you expecting more of an 8-8 season then?

I think these are just numbers that prove what we already knew without the numbers-“any given Sunday.”

I think it shows that every year is a different entity unto its own for most teams and things that are laughed at preseason can come to pass quite easily. How many times have you said, “Who saw that coming?”

8-8 is certainly not unreasonable for the Titans and with the +/- 3 wins average per season as shown, 5-11 is not unreasonable/laughable and 11-5 is not unreasonable/laughable. 

Edited by smokeater

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Pretty good statistical comparison to the Titans 2017 and 2018 seasons here.

Im going to disagree. I saw an inconsistent team in 2017 and I saw it again in 18. I don't think the team got worse. I don't think it got better. As far as I can see we are once again stuck in mediocrity. Looking at the schedule I see 3 games that should be a give me. This will be a real test to see where we are as a team. Im guessing 8-8. 

31 minutes ago, Justafan said:

That's simply not true but I don't care enough to argue it.

How do they win 14 games with a mediocre QB who is at best 3rd in his own division? What about the number of games against good QBs? 5-11 is way more likely than 14-2. Dont be a homer.

Just now, oldschool said:

How do they win 14 games with a mediocre QB who is at best 3rd in his own division? What about the number of games against good QBs? 5-11 is way more likely than 14-2. Dont be a homer.

Of course 5-11 is more likely than 14-2.  The point stands though.  Don't argue just to argue.  You, star, and Oman, all know what I was saying and why I was saying it so don't try to make it something it isn't.