Sign in to follow this  
NashvilleNinja

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater... on 104.5 today at 12:40pm

46 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I forgot Con of Thrones was this weekend. Well, I guess I’m not going to get there...

I drove around the Music City Center like a stalker to see if I could see anyone. All I saw were the usual suspects. I did see someone dressed up as Sansa though... pretty close resemblance.

https://www.conofthrones.net

I have to say, Nashville has changed.  Not just this show, but everywhere.  Everywhere I go, Vegas, LA even NYC, Nashville brings some positive comments.  I was talking to a woman from Pheonix and I said Nashville is not that big.  She said, "I thought Nashville was a real big city."  Guess so, been living here so long I missed it.

I saw some girls walking down Kirkwood w/shopping bags headed toward Belmont.  Tourist in the middle of of what used to be nowhere.  In the old days all I ever saw was the buses full of old people heading down the street to see the stars homes on Franklin Road.  You rarely see them anymore.  Now the tourists come with pocketbook full of cash looking to shop, eat some hot chicken and get drunk.

If you guys are interested, I will tell you the "Real Hot Chicken Story."

12 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The interview was cool, but I wish they'd have gotten into some sports talk. But he may not be that big into sports, so they just tabled any of that.

He's from England.  I bet he would have talked about the Nashville SC.

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

Sounds like another one of those Penthouse Forum “I never would have believed it could happen to me” stories about a time where a guy meets some random sexy chicken in a bar and they end up ass-banging behind the dumpster.....

I’m in.   Let’s hear it. 

On 7/12/2019 at 2:59 PM, Number9 said:

I have to say, Nashville has changed.  Not just this show, but everywhere.  Everywhere I go, Vegas, LA even NYC, Nashville brings some positive comments.  I was talking to a woman from Pheonix and I said Nashville is not that big.  She said, "I thought Nashville was a real big city."  Guess so, been living here so long I missed it.

I saw some girls walking down Kirkwood w/shopping bags headed toward Belmont.  Tourist in the middle of of what used to be nowhere.  In the old days all I ever saw was the buses full of old people heading down the street to see the stars homes on Franklin Road.  You rarely see them anymore.  Now the tourists come with pocketbook full of cash looking to shop, eat some hot chicken and get drunk.

What you described there is the very reason I LOL’d when IKEA chose Memphis for the first store.  

As an aside, I miss seeing the De Ja Vu hoes dancing on the billboard off of Demonbreun and their old slogan of, “97 Beautiful Girls and 3 Ugly Ones” or something to that effect.    

Anybody remember when Merchants on Broadway was a dive lunch counter that served breakfast all night, complete with passed out wino in the next booth. Neighboring Demon's Den and the Wheel were REAL dive bars and there were more peep shows and massage parlors than there were bars. Other cheap food back then was Ed's Fish and Pizza over off Charlotte where you could get a whiting fish sandwich on white bread that would choke a mule for a couple of bucks. Ah, the good ol' days. The Mid seventies.

Edited by freakingeek

The old rock block on Elliston Pl, going to the Elliston Pub/Bar and getting drunk on $1 drafts then heading to the Gold Rush or to the Exit Inn to see music. Saw Living Colour there right after their first album dropped and actually sat there and hung out with Corey, Vernon and the boys afterward.

3 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

The old rock block on Elliston Pl, going to the Elliston Pub/Bar and getting drunk on $1 drafts then heading to the Gold Rush or to the Exit Inn to see music. Saw Living Colour there right after their first album dropped and actually sat there and hung out with Corey, Vernon and the boys afterward.

Had my first burrito at the Gold Rush, loved them.  Then went back after all the Mexican restaurants opened and thought, I really didn't know did I.  They still were good!

On 7/12/2019 at 2:59 PM, Number9 said:

If it makes you feel better, I grew up in South Florida, visited NYC, Philly and the bay area. And had the unfortunate stay in Atlanta. Nashville is a big ass town. I now live in Panama city and have to listen to retards cry that the "city" is getting to big.