Trump's 4th of July "A Salute to America" depletes DC's anti-terrorism fund because of unpaid bills from Inauguration

Downtown

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-july-4-gala-drain-security-costs-special-fund-1444088

President Donald Trump's Fourth of July speech will drain money from a security source used to protect the nation's capital from terrorist threats because he still has not paid the full bill from his inauguration.

The Washington Post reported that the Trump administration and Congress still have not paid the District over $7 million in fees from the 2017 inauguration, which was the last time Trump held a large event at the National Mall. To pay for the Fourth of July event, which White House officials have named "A Salute to America," the District will have to pull money from a fund devoted to hosting state funerals and foreign dignitary visits, as well as protecting the city from terrorist threats. The financial strain caused by Trump's speech is expected to push the fund over budget.

The Post article comes after the Center for Public Integrity released a report saying that, despite Trump's frequent laudation of police, he had not paid at least 10 cities for the public-safety costs of his rallies. In Lebanon, Ohio, Trump asked his crowd "Do we love law enforcement or what?"

But the president's campaign did not respond to an invoice totaling nearly $16,200 in public safety costs deriving from the event—a small sum compared to the $841,219 that cities are requesting from the president. While the report noted that Trump may not be legally obligated to pay, as the campaign and city governments didn't conclude written contracts, critics have used the outstanding fees to note Trump's legacy of avoiding payments.

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Honestly at this point I’m not even sure why nothing he does matters

Partisan politics.  I told you guys before got elected that if he did his apologists would make Bush apologists look like amateurs.   It was always going to be this way. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-july-fourth-celebration-cost-215505531.html

Trump's dog and pony show cost over 3.7 million dollars and depleted funds from the city and the national park service. What a clusterfuck. Nobody is very happy about it except the donald. It cost the military budget $1.2 mil and the national park service $2.5 mil.

Edited by freakingeek

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

They could always reallocate some of that 200 billion for illegals. But I'm sure they won't.....

They could, and that is a really great try at a deflection, but that does not answer why your god just never pays his bills. 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

My God. Lmao yall are so very lame and hilarious. I'm atheist and have said so, more than once. But you think a mortal being I would see as God? 

And it's not about deflection. It's a very good alternative. I dont see why our tax dollars have to go to illegals anyway. 

Yall are quick to bitch about 50k, and when the Repubs owe for something, or want to spend money on something, yall are quick to bring up how high the national debt is. 

But when the Dems owe...

https://ijr.com/5-prominent-democrats-who-have-had-big-time-trouble-with-their-taxes/

...or want to spend 200 billion on non American expenditures, yall become mute. Please. 

But of course, when it's the team wearing red, yall scream and shout from every rooftop you can climb onto because you feel it somehow empowers yall and helps push your political agenda. 

Next. 

I am not part of “ya’ll”, if the Dems owe for something, then they should have to pay. I don’t give a shit about either cult, I was specifically asking why over the course of more than my lifetime, why Trump never pays his bills.

I don’t have a political agenda, I just dislike Trump the business man, the celebrity, and the politician. So any discussion with me nobody can throw Dems in my face, or liberal agenda, or the Clintons, or Obama, because I don’t give a shit about any of them. 

I prob should not have called him your god, I actually apologize for that.