Have A Good Feeling About The 2019 Titans

MIKE75

11 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Good point.  See you proved what a moronic view you have considering you can't be impressed unless our defense is the 85 Bears.  Yea, I'm really scared this defense, not being the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens has what it takes.  Oh, don't forget the whiners always have some excuse for success.  Yea, they played a bunch of bad offenses.  Only them.  None of those other teams with top 10 defenses played the shit they played on offense. 

So in short; "hey, our defense was solid top 10 last year"  response.... "so".  I'll take top 10 every darn year and not hesitate. 

And no shit the offense needs to improve.  Being near the bottom isn't hard to improve on. 

Just compare the qbs we faced last year to this years qbs that we are gonna face. Its not rocket science

3 hours ago, BudAdams said:

You made the retarded statement!    "offense should take a step forward unless smith is very very bad at playcalling"  Execution of the plays has consistently been a way bigger issue than play calling.  The All-22 shows it over and over. 

Not buying you actually thought Matthews was a Pro Bowl but rather it fit your "poor Marcus" narrative

how the fuck is that retarded you idiot?

"first time OC/playcaller may not be good... "

@BudAdams "EXCUSESSSSSSSS!!!! ROMLFGDSSLFJSDLJFSDLJSDLJGSD" god damn. you are a new level of dumb. 

Thats not a scapegoat. that a fucking truth and discussion point. fuck man. i know you are bias as hell and cant wait for mariota to fail... and you are so obsessed with it that its all you can imagine that EVERYONE else on the board thinks about 24/7 like you... but let me tell you a secret....

actually.. no.. i dont need to tell you anything. you'll just construe it how you feel because today you are acting very womanly. i assume you got turned down for sex or something. go jerk off and clear your head. 

9 minutes ago, titanruss said:

@BudAdams "EXCUSESSSSSSSS!!!! ROMLFGDSSLFJSDLJFSDLJSDLJGSD" god damn. you are a new level of dumb. 

Thats not a scapegoat. that a fucking truth and discussion point. fuck man. i know you are bias as hell and cant wait for mariota to fail... and you are so obsessed with it that its all you can imagine that EVERYONE else on the board thinks about 24/7 like you... but let me tell you a secret....

actually.. no.. i dont need to tell you anything. you'll just construe it how you feel because today you are acting very womanly. i assume you got turned down for sex or something. go jerk off and clear your head. 

Hey OMan, looks like I have a lunch time tard dance started.

17 hours ago, titanruss said:

with an injured QB and injured all-pro TE, pro-bowl WR quitting, new offense, new blocking scheme, new defense, new HC, both our starting tackles injured for about half the year... and both our top rookie defensive players injured until  mid-season. 

The 2018 Titans were stacked, just like this year.  I was sky high on the team and still riding Mariota's jock.  We were ready!

Now maybe you see why I went bananas even before the season started.  He was stinking up my dream of seeing the Titans dominate.  I'm a somewhat big Titans fan, so naturally I had been high on the QB.  Mariota hit the field showing he was not ready to advance to the next level.  He looked like a rookie.

Titans fan or Mariota fan?  This year the team around him is even better and we are predicted to finish bottom of the division.  WTF!!  How can that be?  It's because of the QB.

Time to just be a Titans fan. 

Cosell gave a glowing review of Davis today.  Nothing really new or technical, just that he can beat quality corners in man coverage, excelled at in-breaking routes  , and could be a big time #1 in a more consistent passing offense.  Paul tried to bring up his idiotic critique from Blake B.  ,  that he had poor body control and was bad in the air, YAC,  and at contested catches (?) .  Cosell said that he thought that he did a good job after the catch and kind of met him halfway saying that he needs to work on his back shoulder and contested catches on the boundary.  He's watched every Davis snap, so he's obviously appeasing Paul is there is very little evidence to support that.

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

BS.  It's retarded because it's crystal clear WHY you prefaced the offense's success with Smith's abilities.  We've seen film ad naseum where receivers are open and either the ball comes out late or it's abandoned for a scramble or check down. 

We all know you are the ultimate Mariota homer full of reasons why he's failed to this point.  Elevating a mid-level WR who's never cracked 1000 receiving yards in a season to Pro Bowler just adds to the list of your hyperbole.

And I don't hate Mariota nor am I rooting for him to fail.  Now I don't expect him to be drastically different in terms of consistency/accuracy so I'm not bullish on it happening but I'd much rather see him play great like he was expected to as opposed to what he's been in the first 4 years.

I have more confidence that Smith, play calling site unseen, will do better than I have with #8 all of the sudden becoming a top tier QB. 

12 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I have more confidence that Smith, play calling site unseen, will do better than I have with #8 all of the sudden becoming a top tier QB. 

I think they are pretty much tied together..if Mariota can turn it around I think Smith should deserve a good bit of the credit.

if the whole thing bombs it will be tough to know what went wrong.  I know most will point to MM but truth be told none of us really know if Smith is qualified for the job.

21 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

I think they are pretty much tied together..if Mariota can turn it around I think Smith should deserve a good bit of the credit.

if the whole thing bombs it will be tough to we will know what went wrong.  I know most will it has point to MM but truth be told none of us really know if Smith is qualified for the job.

fixed...more clear now.

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

BS.  It's retarded because it's crystal clear WHY you prefaced the offense's success with Smith's abilities.  We've seen film ad naseum where receivers are open and either the ball comes out late or it's abandoned for a scramble or check down. 

We all know you are the ultimate Mariota homer full of reasons why he's failed to this point.  Elevating a mid-level WR who's never cracked 1000 receiving yards in a season to Pro Bowler just adds to the list of your hyperbole.

And I don't hate Mariota nor am I rooting for him to fail.  Now I don't expect him to be drastically different in terms of consistency/accuracy so I'm not bullish on it happening but I'd much rather see him play great like he was expected to as opposed to what he's been in the first 4 years.

Bud... if you are truly this dumb we have nothing left to talk about.

"there's a ton of promise for this season. tough schedule though. but if we remain decently healthy we'll be a very good team that can beat anyone and the offense should take a step forward (because we will be healthy, seasoned in the system, and have great new additions making up for losses last year) unless smith is very very bad at playcalling."

its not that confusing. thats obviously me being very positive and stating what i believe is incredibly obvious, not me setting the stage for a scapegoat (lol... why the hell would i need to do that? )

Edited by titanruss

3 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Cosell gave a glowing review of Davis today.  Nothing really new or technical, just that he can beat quality corners in man coverage, excelled at in-breaking routes  , and could be a big time #1 in a more consistent passing offense.  Paul tried to bring up his idiotic critique from Blake B.

It's pretty obvious Davis is way better than his numbers. He scorched some of the better man CBs in the league. He's in a run first offense with a mediocre QB. If he played for a top passing offense with a good QB he'd put up huge numbers. 

Beddingfield has been a huge flop on Kuharsky's site, his takes are complete jokes

We faced Luck twice, and that was end of the year dominant Luck, not start of the year still feeling out his arm Luck. One of the games without Casey & Ryan. Brady, Rivers, Watson twice, Wentz, Prescott. Yeah we faced some awful QB’s but let’s not act like they were all slapdicks.

Cam Wake is such a monster upgrade to. Our 4some at LBer could be special.

Tez you said we only upgraded at guard & slot? Wake is a monumental upgrade over Morgan.