Sign in to follow this  
MIKE75

Have A Good Feeling About The 2019 Titans

MIKE75   

I usually go into each season quietly optimistic and a time or two quietly pessimistic,lol. Anyway the reason i am saying this is i only i had 1 year where i had a really good feeling about the team and that was in 2008.

Right after the 2008 NFL Draft i felt things were all set for us to have a really good year. The reason i felt that way was mainly due to the pick we made in the 1st round that year.

I am from Memphis i saw Chris Johnson in 2007 gain 300 plus yards on the ground when the Tigers played East Carolina. He scored on a 70 yard running play,then a 50 yarder then he scored on a 40 yard run. Every time he ran it was like WOW.  I liked him a lot.

Later the next year when i started doing my own research and realized just how fast he was at the combine all i thought we man if we draft this guy we could have what we've been missing on offense a good weapon to utilize since VY was our only weapon offensively. Still i had my doubts about drafting CJ since we just drafted Chris Henry the year before.

Anyway i was watching the 2008 NFL draft with some friends and all the sudden when i heard we picked RB Chris Johnson i screamed out like the happiest person in the world which i was. A couple of my buddies were Titan fans and they were PISSED.

At the time most fans hated the pick UNLESS they had watched or seen him play. I just knew with VY on offense him and CJ would be a dynamic combo.

I'll admit i never saw a 13-3 year with Kerry Collins who i hated until that season i thought he was a washed up QB.

When Vince got hurt that first game i thought that was it we were fucked. But we persevered.

We had weapons on offense to score just enough to win games with our top 5 defense.

I think this upcoming season we will have enough offense with TE Delanie Walker back and new WRs Brown and Humphries and a third year Corey Davis. With a stronger O line Saffold,Conklin healthy,Lewan,Jones and the rookie. We also have Derrick Henry coming back from a really good year.

We were 3rd in points allowed,8th in yards allowed last year. I think we will be just as good this year. We could have a late rounder or undrafted guy rise up again. We have Correa,Finch,Walker,Long,Landry,Wake,etc. Hooker could be a steal at safety we are good this year with Byard/Vacarro. Too bad we have to wait to see Walker AND Simmons together.......

Anyway i think we have a good team with a great front office with GM Jon Robinson and HC Mike Vrabel. I think this is the healthiest we've seen the front office in many years since Fisher/Reese. You can see the chemistry between the players and the bonding between them compared with past Titan teams over the past decade.

I think this is the year we beat those cocksuckers Indy with Luck at QB.

Even though i used to like Marcus a lot and still do i had bad feelings after not playing Indy with the season and playoffs on the line.

The best thing that could happen for us is for the light bulb to come on for Marcus and for him to have his best year yet with Tannehill never seeing the field.

We shall see.......

Edited by MIKE75

TitanTez   

Our team's only upgrade was at guard and the slot. 

From Center, right guard and right tackle the talent is a Joke. 

The QB is a joke. 

The defensive  line was manhandled by numerous teams. 

Our corners were average at best. 

Half our linebackers need up grading. 

We are a train wreck right now. 

The Only good news is,  it's  the off season and we can act like we are better than we are. 

Edited by TitanTez

Soxcat   

I was trying to figure out how we were 3rd in points scored on defense, 8th in total yards given up with that pathetic defense we have.  Tez might be on to something.......  or on something. 

BudAdams   
11 hours ago, titanruss said:

with an injured QB and injured all-pro TE, pro-bowl WR quitting, new offense, new blocking scheme, new defense, new HC, both our starting tackles injured for about half the year... and both our top rookie defensive players injured until  mid-season. 

there's a ton of promise for this season. tough schedule though. but if we remain decently healthy we'll be a very good team that can beat anyone. offense should take a step forward unless smith is very very bad at playcalling. defense should only get better.

the Tez dude hates this team... i think its Jakes alter account. 

Walker has never been an All Pro.  Pro Bowl sure.  I missed what season Matthews was a Pro Bowl WR....Oh yeah - it's never happened. 

I like how you are setting it up for Smith to be the scapegoat if the offense struggles too.  LOL. 

BudAdams   

The defense is a huge question mark IMO heading in for a variety of reasons.  Now, there are plenty of reasons to have some optimism - Landry showed potential, Wake was added, Evans and Brown should improve, and the secondary on paper looks good at full strength.

Still, the pass rush is unproven at this point and we've seen the good/bad of Butler and Jackson. 

Saying that, the 2018 opponents on offense in hindsight were much weaker than what they will face this year.  Brees, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Mayfield is a far cry from Bortles, Kessler, McCown, Josh Johnson, washed up Eli. 

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Walker has never been an All Pro.  Pro Bowl sure.  I missed what season Matthews was a Pro Bowl WR....Oh yeah - it's never happened. 

I like how you are setting it up for Smith to be the scapegoat if the offense struggles too.  LOL. 

My bad.. 3x pro bowler and pro bowl mvp.

I honestly thought matthews had been a pro- bowler. 

And dont try and guess my thoughts until you learn to properly form your own.  Setting up smith to be the scapegoat? What kind of retarded inference is that? 

Number9   
14 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

We were 3rd in points allowed,8th in yards allowed last year. I think we will be just as good this year.

THIS^^  We still need to have the ability to score points to beat the really good teams, but our D will keep us in the games.

Tip::When i want to type i and can't use the shift key i just use the l key for i.  Nobody knows i did it.

BudAdams   
30 minutes ago, titanruss said:

My bad.. 3x pro bowler and pro bowl mvp.

I honestly thought matthews had been a pro- bowler. 

And dont try and guess my thoughts until you learn to properly form your own.  Setting up smith to be the scapegoat? What kind of retarded inference is that? 

You made the retarded statement!    "offense should take a step forward unless smith is very very bad at playcalling"  Execution of the plays has consistently been a way bigger issue than play calling.  The All-22 shows it over and over. 

Not buying you actually thought Matthews was a Pro Bowl but rather it fit your "poor Marcus" narrative

Soxcat   
2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

The defense is a huge question mark IMO heading in for a variety of reasons.  Now, there are plenty of reasons to have some optimism - Landry showed potential, Wake was added, Evans and Brown should improve, and the secondary on paper looks good at full strength.

Still, the pass rush is unproven at this point and we've seen the good/bad of Butler and Jackson. ..

Ok, here it is again....  3rd in points scored on defense, 8th in total yards given up.

I know, we lost Orakpo and Morgan.  We lost all that production from their 2.0 sacks combined?

Wake and Landry is an upgrade and we will still get a boat load of sacks from our other LBs (Brown and Woodyard combined for 10.5 sacks)