Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nine

Mariota in the Red Zone - 2018 vs 2016

Recommended Posts

nine   
7 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Can you show all of 2016?  It would be interesting to see the play before and after the hot streak as well given the production was similar to 2017/2018.

 

Yeah, I plan on doing that as well, but it will be a few days due to travel and work obligations.

 

We obviously know what the bad looks like;  I also wanted a view of the good as a baseline so we can (hopefully) see specifically what has changed from then to now and exactly where things have fallen off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
8 minutes ago, nine said:

 

Yeah, I plan on doing that as well, but it will be a few days due to travel and work obligations.

 

We obviously know what the bad looks like;  I also wanted a view of the good as a baseline so we can (hopefully) see specifically what has changed from then to now and exactly where things have fallen off.

I know it's quite the effort to do that.  Don't do it just on my account.  At the end of the day, what he did 3 years ago is meaningless now anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Your definition of pretty good is frightening.  He was 6-20 in the Broncos game with net 73 yards passing.  The lone TD drive included 1 completed pass.  The next score - a FG came on a drive with 1 5-yard run and 2 incompletions.  They didn't score after mid-2nd quarter and barely held on to win that game. 

 

He was 8-20 in the Jax game before he broke his leg and at that point (end of 3rd QTR) they were down 25-10.  Meh.  AP described his play in the game recap as struggling. 

 

Not that 2016 really matters at this point - different personnel, coaches, system.  Still, seeing the totality of it as opposed to the good part is more meaningful IMO.

 

 

i implore you to go watch the broncos game again. he threw away like 8 passes and had like 6 drops all while running for his life. the broncos were also the former super bowl champs and a top 3 D (they won it all on the back of that D).....same quality of D for the chiefs and he played well.....1 half of a jags (same quality of D) game was not very good and then he got injured. 

 

3-4 people keep saying "the last 4 games he was shit!!!!!".. welll.... be honest. it was 2.6 games....and it was 2 great wins... and it was against the 3 top D's that year... and it wasnt complete shit. Thats all i'm saying. 

Edited by titanruss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
14 hours ago, titanruss said:

i implore you to go watch the broncos game again. he threw away like 8 passes and had like 6 drops all while running for his life. the broncos were also the former super bowl champs and a top 3 D (they won it all on the back of that D).....same quality of D for the chiefs and he played well.....1 half of a jags (same quality of D) game was not very good and then he got injured. 

 

3-4 people keep saying "the last 4 games he was shit!!!!!".. welll.... be honest. it was 2.6 games....and it was 2 great wins... and it was against the 3 top D's that year... and it wasnt complete shit. Thats all i'm saying. 

According to dropped pass stats for 2016, the Titans had the 2nd lowest % of drops in the NFL and 9 for the season.  2/3 (6) of them came in the Broncos game?  Really??  I completely understand that the Broncos D was excellent and the game plan was conservative but at the same time Mariota was not "pretty good". 

 

As for Jax, Mariota got hurt with less than a minute left in the 3rd quarter.

 

He also wasn't "pretty good" in the stretch before his hot streak.  In fact, he had a huge role in the offensive struggles early on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

According to dropped pass stats for 2016, the Titans had the 2nd lowest % of drops in the NFL and 9 for the season.  2/3 (6) of them came in the Broncos game?  Really??  I completely understand that the Broncos D was excellent and the game plan was conservative but at the same time Mariota was not "pretty good". 

 

As for Jax, Mariota got hurt with less than a minute left in the 3rd quarter.

 

He also wasn't "pretty good" in the stretch before his hot streak.  In fact, he had a huge role in the offensive struggles early on. 

Watch the game. 

Watch the game 

watch the game. 

Watch the game. 

 

Dont be scared. 

 

Watch the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...