Sign in to follow this  
nine

Mariota in the Red Zone - 2018 vs 2016

nine   
7 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Can you show all of 2016?  It would be interesting to see the play before and after the hot streak as well given the production was similar to 2017/2018.

Yeah, I plan on doing that as well, but it will be a few days due to travel and work obligations.

We obviously know what the bad looks like;  I also wanted a view of the good as a baseline so we can (hopefully) see specifically what has changed from then to now and exactly where things have fallen off.

BudAdams   
8 minutes ago, nine said:

Yeah, I plan on doing that as well, but it will be a few days due to travel and work obligations.

We obviously know what the bad looks like;  I also wanted a view of the good as a baseline so we can (hopefully) see specifically what has changed from then to now and exactly where things have fallen off.

I know it's quite the effort to do that.  Don't do it just on my account.  At the end of the day, what he did 3 years ago is meaningless now anyway.

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Your definition of pretty good is frightening.  He was 6-20 in the Broncos game with net 73 yards passing.  The lone TD drive included 1 completed pass.  The next score - a FG came on a drive with 1 5-yard run and 2 incompletions.  They didn't score after mid-2nd quarter and barely held on to win that game. 

He was 8-20 in the Jax game before he broke his leg and at that point (end of 3rd QTR) they were down 25-10.  Meh.  AP described his play in the game recap as struggling. 

Not that 2016 really matters at this point - different personnel, coaches, system.  Still, seeing the totality of it as opposed to the good part is more meaningful IMO.

i implore you to go watch the broncos game again. he threw away like 8 passes and had like 6 drops all while running for his life. the broncos were also the former super bowl champs and a top 3 D (they won it all on the back of that D).....same quality of D for the chiefs and he played well.....1 half of a jags (same quality of D) game was not very good and then he got injured. 

3-4 people keep saying "the last 4 games he was shit!!!!!".. welll.... be honest. it was 2.6 games....and it was 2 great wins... and it was against the 3 top D's that year... and it wasnt complete shit. Thats all i'm saying. 

Edited by titanruss

BudAdams   
14 hours ago, titanruss said:

i implore you to go watch the broncos game again. he threw away like 8 passes and had like 6 drops all while running for his life. the broncos were also the former super bowl champs and a top 3 D (they won it all on the back of that D).....same quality of D for the chiefs and he played well.....1 half of a jags (same quality of D) game was not very good and then he got injured. 

3-4 people keep saying "the last 4 games he was shit!!!!!".. welll.... be honest. it was 2.6 games....and it was 2 great wins... and it was against the 3 top D's that year... and it wasnt complete shit. Thats all i'm saying. 

According to dropped pass stats for 2016, the Titans had the 2nd lowest % of drops in the NFL and 9 for the season.  2/3 (6) of them came in the Broncos game?  Really??  I completely understand that the Broncos D was excellent and the game plan was conservative but at the same time Mariota was not "pretty good". 

As for Jax, Mariota got hurt with less than a minute left in the 3rd quarter.

He also wasn't "pretty good" in the stretch before his hot streak.  In fact, he had a huge role in the offensive struggles early on. 

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

According to dropped pass stats for 2016, the Titans had the 2nd lowest % of drops in the NFL and 9 for the season.  2/3 (6) of them came in the Broncos game?  Really??  I completely understand that the Broncos D was excellent and the game plan was conservative but at the same time Mariota was not "pretty good". 

As for Jax, Mariota got hurt with less than a minute left in the 3rd quarter.

He also wasn't "pretty good" in the stretch before his hot streak.  In fact, he had a huge role in the offensive struggles early on. 

Watch the game. 

Watch the game 

watch the game. 

Watch the game. 

Dont be scared. 

Watch the game.