NashvilleNinja

Top chefs say you shouldn't grill burgers

27 minutes ago, CharrdWood said:

Interesting.  You crank the heat all the way up?  And do you put the pan on the bottom or you put something underneath so it's closer to the flame?  When the pan is cold do you put it in the broiler while the broiler is heating up?

I crank the heat all the way up.  I don't have one of those broiler drawers, it's inside my actual oven.  I put the oven rack up high in the oven, to get the pan closer to the heat source (which is up top on broil).

I don't put the pan in the oven when it's cold because I like to sear on the gas range first.  So cold pan is first brushed with some oil, then warmed up on the gas range on high.  When that oil starts smoking a good bit, I sear 2.5 minutes on each side and then stick it in the oven/broiler.

Honestly the best homemade burger I've  ever had is when my parents made them in the airfryer. It was so damn good. Probably the last thing I would think of to put in there. 

8 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I crank the heat all the way up.  I don't have one of those broiler drawers, it's inside my actual oven.  I put the oven rack up high in the oven, to get the pan closer to the heat source (which is up top on broil).

I don't put the pan in the oven when it's cold because I like to sear on the gas range first.  So cold pan is first brushed with some oil, then warmed up on the gas range on high.  When that oil starts smoking a good bit, I sear 2.5 minutes on each side and then stick it in the oven/broiler.

Cool, I'm gonna give this a whirl when the goddamn shitting heat leaves.  Unfortunately my broiler is the standard bottom of the stove variety, so that kinda sucks.

10 hours ago, CharrdWood said:

Cool, I'm gonna give this a whirl when the goddamn shitting heat leaves.  Unfortunately my broiler is the standard bottom of the stove variety, so that kinda sucks.

It will probably take some trial and error to figure out the amount of time you cook in the broiler to achieve the  desired "doneness" of the meat.  But once you figure that out, it's a lot easier.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:27 PM, 52O said:

We keep sour cream lids to press our patties but I like thin double patties 2.8 oz each pressed as thin as possible with still having some shape 

Didnt realize chipotle sells burgers.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:52 AM, oldschool said:

Didnt realize chipotle sells burgers.

Oooh good one jealous hoe