Taylor Lewan Breaks Down Blocking the Watt's, Proper O-Line Technique, & More! | NFL Film Session

EagleEye

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not really aside from Mariota checking out of the QB sneak into the 99 yard Henry run, which I’m sure he entire board will ignore.    This is the other side of playing the position that we h

Heard there's an extended version of this on gamepass.

The discussion was about blocking schemes, one poster committed the cardinal sin of making one positive observation about the current QB, and the same suspects as usual feel the need to come and resta

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, reo said:

Kept seeing this pop up on my YouTube suggestion list but haven't watched it. Anything interesting?

He explains some of the different coverages they were running in certain plays. Also mentions that LaFleur called a QB sneak on the Henry 99yd run and Mariota checked into the run.  I don’t have gamepass but I’d like to see the full version.

11 minutes ago, Face said:

Not really aside from Mariota checking out of the QB sneak into the 99 yard Henry run, which I’m sure he entire board will ignore. 

This is the other side of playing the position that we have no clue about, various adjustments pre-snap, aligning blockers up correctly, etc.

Animated GIF

I found it very interesting with good insight from Lewan.  Definitely worth watching.

I also really like this one from Jamal Adams.......lots of great insight into his pre-snap reads and how he diagnoses plays before they happen.    What many people see as blitzes really aren't;  they're just plays where his pre-snap read told him exactly what was coming and allowed him to blow it up.

1 hour ago, Face said:

Not really aside from Mariota checking out of the QB sneak into the 99 yard Henry run, which I’m sure he entire board will ignore. 

This is the other side of playing the position that we have no clue about, various adjustments pre-snap, aligning blockers up correctly, etc.

This has actually been my read on MM. When he makes good presnap reads and adjusts the play accordingly, he does well. And then it looks like he's just hitting a specific player or not going through reads well. When in reality, he just read the defense well and knew where to go with the ball quickly but it's when the defense tricks him and his read is wrong he holds it too long.

6 hours ago, Face said:

You do realize that in MLF's system, he gives the QB a couple of run/pass play options based on the look they see.  Yes Mariota called an audible and Henry busted through the first wave but it's not something extraordinary.  I'd expect him to be able to do that.  This wasn't Peyton taking over the offense.  :34_rolling_eyes:

29 minutes ago, bosss50 said:

Any NFL quarterback look good with a clean pocket and receivers who can beat his man.

You mean, exactly what OTAs and anything preseason is? You do realize there are QBs that look like shit in preseason

Edited by wiscotitansfan

13 minutes ago, bosss50 said:

Don't put words in my mouth. You are a hater.... (you must be a miserable person).

Wasn't putting words in your mouth, just letting you know that QBs all the time look like shit with no pressure and receivers running free by NFL standards