Cosell on Mariota in 2018

Jonboy

what they say means nothing

we will know their intentions when TC begins.

if Tannehill has any shot at unseating Mariota then they better get to it cause a fluid situation at the QB position during the season can only lead to one outcome.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cosell has made a living on reviewing tape despite no evidence of football acumen. Before the Mariota haters chime in and call me a homer, I've had this stance on Cosell forever.   https://p

Cosell's comments are in line with the conversations we've been having for a long time now;  he's just stating it an an evenhanded and objective POV rather than arguing bullet points.      M

Yea Cosell isn't a real scout. The real scouts actually drafted Russell highly.    And there is a huge difference in trying to predict a QB leaving college and coming to the pros vs analyzin

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Huston said:

I'm confused ... when did this happen? 

Derek Henry is rated 87.0 by PFF: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/derrick-henry/10679

Mariota is rated 76.8: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/marcus-mariota/9435

That's what their site says anyway ...

EDIT:

LOL I know why ... sneaky: 

Minimum 500 snaps. I don't blame you for this but both A&Z and PFF ... misleading.

Edited by big2033

12 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I'm confused ... when did this happen? 

Derek Henry is rated 87.0 by PFF: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/derrick-henry/10679

Mariota is rated 76.8: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/marcus-mariota/9435

That's what their site says anyway ...

Dont know just thought I would add some positive meaningless stuff in here as well. First second or third doesn't really matter.

Edited by Huston

Just now, Huston said:

Go check it out, dont know.

Found it check above.

Also Taylor Lewan, Dion Lewis, Tajae Sharpe, Jonnu Smith, and Corey Davis were the only other players on offense to play more than 500 snaps. 

7 hours ago, headhunter said:

I dont see what the homers see in Mariota after year 4 heading into year 5 and to be so confident hes going to do well enough to earn a big contract. Hes not consistent and cant stay healthy. 

Because some of us (i don’t consider myself a homer. I am a titans fan) don’t just dismiss the good play because it’s surrounded by bad play. 

Obviously, everyone would just jump ship if Mariota never showed anything. But the difference is he has. 

Cossel said he's breaking down Henry's last 4 games. I'm really looking forward to that. He said it's obvious they're running the offense through Henry. 

PFF's eval of Mariota in a nutshell:

In five years of NFL play, Mariota has been relatively efficient, yet unspectacular. He’s not earned an overall grade below 63.0, yet he’s never managed to crack the 80.0 threshold — the area of grading where the greats at the position frequent. Even in what was a career-best season from a grading standpoint in 2018, his overall grade of 76.8 was only good enough to rank 18th among 39 qualifying quarterbacks.

That puts it all in perspective and why it's still a debate. 

Edited by big2033

24 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

It really doesn't make any sense that Mariota needs to be pushed.  He knows what is at stake.  Tannehill is not going to make Mariota any better.

What Tannehill does give us is a guy who can play well enough we can stay competitive if Mariota gets hurt (or isn't 100%).  Vrabel is looking at winning a bunch of games and making the playoffs.  The QB situation will take care of itself.  Only way I see Tannehill getting significant playing time is if Mariota is seriously hurt.  Obviously there is the chance Mariota completely bombs and gets benched but that is less likely.  He might not play real good and is still going to make dumb mistakes that have you scratching your head but the coaching staff has to focus on the main point and that is winning games.  Obviously if we start to lose games we might see a switch simply because we have nothing to lose and by then the Mariota experiment is over. 

So you say that the only way Tannehill gets a lot of playing time is if there’s a serious injury but then elaborate on how if Mariota doesn’t play well and racks up a few losses then the experiment will be over?

you obviously think Mariota is on more than just warm seat “if we start to lose games” is enough to end the guy’s career here.