OILERMAN

Behind the panic in white, Christian America(Ezra Klein)

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Yes, we know you are a moron who cant stand being presented with facts you don't like.   

You didn't present facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Why do you care about me? We have about 7-8 libtard posters who post as often as I do perhaps more and start more threads than i do. There is a new hate Trump thread about every 6 hours on this board. 

 

I must be a real badass and a threat to your libtard establishment. Good. 

It’s just funny to me, in all honesty. You have maybe two or three people who agree with you, and the rest see you for what you really are: a bigoted racist scumbag. 

 

Its also funny you you keep calling me a libtard when you have no idea where my beliefs side. 

 

But, yes - keep on with your hate-filled, bigoted schemes. And enjoy those other bigoted fucks who agree with every word you say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Little Earl said:

 No other group in human history has fought the slave trade more than Christians have.    According to historian Glenn Sunshine, Christians were the first people in history to oppose slavery systematically. Early Christians purchased slaves in the markets simply to set them free. It is also true that slavery was ended in great part by Christian activists. Historians credit the British evangelical William Wilberforce as the primary force behind the ending of the international slave trade.

Leviticus 25:44-46 New International Version

 

44  " 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45  You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46  You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

 

Exodus 21:20-21 (NASB):

20 If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. 21, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

 

Now watch Earl give us some interpretive run-around to justify this using the larger scope of the Bible to prove that slavery is bad. The same type of interpretations he would never accept from so called "Liberal Christians" on other issues. 

 

This is when their "plain reading of scripture" bullshit backfires. 

 

 

Edited by 'Nator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It’s just funny to me, in all honesty. You have maybe two or three people who agree with you, and the rest see you for what you really are: a bigoted racist scumbag. 

 

Its also funny you you keep calling me a libtard when you have no idea where my beliefs side. 

 

But, yes - keep on with your hate-filled, bigoted schemes. And enjoy those other bigoted fucks who agree with every word you say. 

Nobody entirely agrees with me because I'm not a conservative or a libtard. 

 

I'm also not a bigot at all. In case you are too dumb to notice I tell other people how I think they are the bigots and I am right. I'm not some self hating America hating moron like you. 

 

Libtards leave little room for a variety of opinion. To be part of their little group you have to believe that whites are evil, people who are not white are superior and you call anybody who disagrees with that idiocy racist. That is you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 'Nator said:

Leviticus 25:44-46 New International Version

 

44  " 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45  You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46  You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

 

Exodus 21:20-21 (NASB):

20 If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. 21, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

 

Now watch Earl give us some interpretive run-around to justify this using the larger scope of the Bible to prove that slavery is bad. The same type of interpretations he would never accept from so called "Liberal Christians" on other issues. 

Please enlighten everyone on the difference between slavery a couple thousand years ago, and the African slave trade.   Don't even pretend it is close to the same thing.   Furthermore, I defy you to find any proof of any religion or groups of people that were calling for the end of slavery those many centuries ago.   It was common practice throughout the entire world.

 

And as I wrote, who led the abolition of the African slave trade?  I will wait.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Little Earl said:

And as I wrote, who led the abolition of the African slave trade?  I will wait.

Not democrats and not Muslims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is this legend puke about Nator's bigotry toward Christians? Who takes a scripture from 500 BC and uses it as a reason to hate a religion of over a billion people? A libtard of course. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christianity has done more for human rights, woman's rights, children's rights .......

Dems not long ago were the most racist and continue to be. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Please enlighten everyone on the difference between slavery a couple thousand years ago, and the African slave trade.   Don't even pretend it is close to the same thing.   Furthermore, I defy you to find any proof of any religion or groups of people that were calling for the end of slavery those many centuries ago.   It was common practice throughout the entire world.

 

And as I wrote, who led the abolition of the African slave trade?  I will wait.

 

 

So tired of this horseshit explanation from fundamentalist Christians that insists that only American chattel slavery was "bad" slavery. 

 

The Bible makes clear they were PROPERTY FOR LIFE, that you could hand them down to your decedents, and sets out rules for beating the shit out of them. 

 

But since Bible-times slavery wasn't the same, what was the big deal about the ISREALITES being enslaved by the Egyptians then? 

 

Truly pathetic how these fundamentalist "plain reading" Christians twist themselves up like a pretzel defending this shit.

 

To the dumb ass Fundy: 

American slaver = actual bad slavery.

Enslaved Israelites = actual bad slavery. 

Any other slavery by Jews or Christians = Not all that bad at all, nothing to see here. 

Edited by 'Nator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If democrats are so confident that the republicans are gradually becoming extinct why do they want foreigners voting in our elections and why do they want children voting?

 

The most dangerous thing to a libtard is an adult citizen who actually has responsibility in life. At the rate we are going whites will be a solid super majority for republicans because democrats totally are against them and hate them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

 

And as I wrote, who led the abolition of the African slave trade?  I will wait.

 

 

Not "plain reading" fundamentalists  like you, that's for sure! 

 

Those who had what you would call a "libtard reading" of scripture, maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Old Testament isn't the standard we now use for relating to each other and as I said, Christianity (which started after the Old testament) has done more for the rights of people, women, children and was a big part of the anti slavery movement in the US.  In fact it was the Democrats that stood against the abolishment of slavery and fought against civil rights.   Fundamental Christians don't follow Old testament Law moron.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The Old Testament isn't the standard we now use for relating to each other and as I said, Christianity (which started after the Old testament) has done more for the rights of people, women, children and was a big part of the anti slavery movement in the US.  In fact it was the Democrats that stood against the abolishment of slavery and fought against civil rights.   Fundamental Christians don't follow Old testament Law moron.   

So the OT isn't God's word? 

 

Why'd he write all that wrong shit that doesn't apply to us anymore? Did he not foresee the future? 

 

Should we drop the OT? 

 

I could agree on some of this, but in all other matters you guys go with a "plain reading" of scripture, and I am showing you how this backfires. 

 

Essentially worshipping scripture, making it your God, which is what the conservative Evangelical basically does, is untenable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.