Oregon Politicians Denying Quorom

Justafan

@TitanDuckFan.  I wanted to ask you in particular how you felt about this since it is happening your neck of the woods but I'll shoot this out to the group as well.

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2019/06/oregon-senate-republicans-walkout-could-kill-hundreds-of-bills.html

To me personally, I think it is exactly these sorts of tactics, on both sides of the aisle, that have so bitterly divided us as a nation.  In this particular case, I don't think the Dems left the Republicans much choice because they have been so aggressive with policy and so unwilling to compromise but the same argument could be made the other way around in DC.  Anyways.  Curious about people's thoughts.

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

would be great to have an amendment to the constitution that states all elected officials lose their jobs if they pull shit like this. i think australia has it. if theres a shutdown/walkout, they lose their jobs because they arent doing their jobs

Haven't heard of it, but maybe. We tend to turn on elected officials quickly here, and put our hatred of wankers in office above party affiliations.

1 hour ago, OzTitan said:

Haven't heard of it, but maybe. We tend to turn on elected officials quickly here, and put our hatred of wankers in office above party affiliations.

how many parties do you have there?

Just now, titanruss said:

how many parties do you have there?

Up to ~90% of the parliament is typically made up of two major parties, one of which is a coalition of two similar parties, with a handful of independents and smaller parties.

11 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Old news. Duck is probably one of the 3% militias so he is currently deployed on duty. 

10 hours ago, Btowner said:

@Justafan , you can read his opinions/rants in this thread:

9 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

It was mentioned in another thread and he supports them leaving and also supports the senator threatening to kill police. He also doesn’t know how many weeks are in a year. 

Oh wow.  Okay, I'll go check out the other thread.  I admit I don't spend all that much time in the politics forum these days (intentionally) just to avoid some of the nastiness so I didn't see the other thread.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Oh wow.  Okay, I'll go check out the other thread.  I admit I don't spend all that much time in the politics forum these days (intentionally) just to avoid some of the nastiness so I didn't see the other thread.  

I also try to avoid spending time there. But when you sort by new, sometimes you can’t help yourself when you see an idiotic reply that needs a retort.