AussieTitanFan08

JRob quotes on Mariota in today's MMQB Column

13 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Yikes. 

2018 cant be used to judge anything related to passing. His hand was numb the entire year. The 2017 stats are an issue for sure though.

Mythos27   
1 hour ago, oldschool said:

2018 cant be used to judge anything related to passing. His hand was numb the entire year. The 2017 stats are an issue for sure though.

I know. It's still ugly from a team perspective. I'm surprised we had as much success as we did. From am offensive standpoint the 1st half of 2018 was reminiscent of our more impotent years. 

BudAdams   

Hard to reconcile the rehashing of his good games versus PHL, DAL, and NE with his permanently numb hand where he couldn't grip a football.  There's no question his hand was an issue in the Miami game after the hit and in the Jacksonville game where he was not supposed to play.  After that, it's really hard to see where it had a major effect. 

The up and down play has been a constant in his entire career.  Which correlates with footwork/mechanics being up and down.

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Hard to reconcile the rehashing of his good games versus PHL, DAL, and NE with his permanently numb hand where he couldn't grip a football.  There's no question his hand was an issue in the Miami game after the hit and in the Jacksonville game where he was not supposed to play.  After that, it's really hard to see where it had a major effect. 

The up and down play has been a constant in his entire career.  Which correlates with footwork/mechanics being up and down.

you must be joking. The hand was a major issue all year. Because he had a few good games doesn't mean the hand wasn't a problem. 

BudAdams   

No I'm not joking.  You can point specifically to the two games I referenced where it was obvious it affected the play calling.  There's no evidence it was an issue in the Eagles game (game 4).  You think they are going to call pass plays beyond 5 yards if the QB cannot grip a football?

The same issues existed in parts of 2016 and 2017 too.

8MM   
3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I got it. But this was a stare down all the way (or appeared to be). You know how M8 tracks receivers. Maybe he cut his eyes. I don't know, but he never turned his head to either side of the field.

tenor.gif?itemid=3970875

The people who know the actual extent of his injury are the ones showing the most support publicly for him; some of that is PR of course, but JRob, for one, still seems to be firmly in his corner even thought he's done his due diligence in upgrading the back up position. And before Oman chimes in with his no extension refrain; of course his injury history precludes his getting an extension due to the hefty price tag and uncertainty of his durability.

japan   
On 6/30/2019 at 9:30 AM, OILERMAN said:

That's because a bunch of you have flip flopped. 

A year ago you said Mariota proved in college(LOL!) he was a good passer and you'd be shocked if he didn't turn into a long term franchise QB. 

Now you're saying you'd be surprised if he panned out. 

A year ago guys from MCM were on the podcast saying after this season he'd be guaranteed to be a top 5 paid QB, now there is skepticism he'll be on the roster after this season. 

Now I agree there aren't a lot of totally delusional homers like huston, 8MM or TitanRuss anymore, only because the herd has been culled 

Technically you did also.  You got on the bandwagon during the 2016 stretch.  'This guy may have something...' You were just extremely quick in getting back off.

Edited by japan

OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, japan said:

Technically you did also.  You got on the bandwagon during the 2016 stretch.  'This guy may have something...' You were just extremely quick in getting back off.

Welcome aboard, better late than never

japan   
Just now, OILERMAN said:

Welcome aboard, better late than never

Ha ha.  Don't try to say you were always right about him.  Even the greats are fallible!

OILERMAN   
Just now, japan said:

Ha ha.  Don't try to say you were always right about him.  Even the greats are fallible!

Remember when I told you I'd be waiting for you?

BudAdams   

In fairness, the production in those 8 games was elite level 21 TD (8.7%) 3 INT, 117 passer rating.  Of course in the other 7 games it was 5 TD and 6 INT....