JRob quotes on Mariota in today's MMQB Column

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So right.   Wisdom from an Elder:  There reaches a point in life's journey that arguing slips away and one simply lets others be wrong.  I will likely be long gone before some on TR reach th

1. Yes we will get the answer. He either balls and gets extended or he’s gone.  2. The Seahawks. I mean, I get what you are trying to do in this thread, but comparing Mariota to Wilson is a

Notice that he didn't specify who.  He's obviously referring to Tannehill.

Posted Images

Honestly I don't love Robinson's advice. I don't love our QB thinking more conservatively. I want him to try and extend things and make things happen this year.

If he as to stay as Alex Smith to be successful it's not worth it long term.

Edited by big2033

3 minutes ago, Huston said:

If his weapons and get open more consistently then there will be no need to continue to try and extend plays.

There is always need. Franchise QBs make things happen. It's not all X's and O's.

I don't understand your desire to marginalize the importance of what the QB has to do in an offense.

He's not just pushing buttons (A) (B) (X) (Y) on a control pad when things are open.

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

There is always need. Franchise QBs make things happen. It's not all X's and O's.

I don't understand your desire to marginalize the importance of what the QB has to do in an offense.

No I was just making an obvious comment based on what he said and the pieces he picked up this off season but continue.

Edited by Huston

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

No I was just making an obvious comment based on what he said and the pieces he picked up this off season but continue.

You always add pieces. But I hope the QB carries things or outside of some surprise moments longterm success won't happen. The odds of one of his targets or lineman getting hurt or underachieving is too high ... what happens then?

Edited by big2033

2 hours ago, big2033 said:

You always add pieces. But I hope the QB carries things or outside of some surprise moments longterm success won't happen. The odds of one of his targets or lineman getting hurt is too high ... what happens then?

Of course he will have to make some plays on his own and when circumstance aren't at their best we have seen him do that at times the last 4 year and that isn't the issue at hand. The Titans wr haven't gotten open and have been bottom ranked the last few years and that has nothing to do with who is throwing them the ball, my point is that actually have guys be open and where there supposed to be will have a big effect on the amount of time he has to hold the ball. How in the world is that taking emphasis off the QB needing to do his part. Do I have to specifically say in every post mentioning offensive players that it all hinges on if Marcus can throw a forward pass on time lol.

Edited by Huston

6 minutes ago, Huston said:

Of course he will have to make some plays on his own and when circumstance aren't at their best we have seen him do that at times the last 4 year and that isn't the issue at hand. The Titans wr haven't gotten open and have been bottom ranked the last few years and that has nothing to do with who is throwing them the ball, my point is that actually have guys be open and where there supposed to be will have a big effect on the amount of time he has to hold the ball. How in the world is that taking emphasis off the QB needing to do his part. Do I have to specifically say in every post mentioning offensive players that it all hinges on Marcus can throw a forward pass on time lol.

Something will always be wrong with our WR core until Mariota plays better overall. That's what I believe.

I have heard this same shit wth every bad QB that's been a Titan. And no, Mariota is not as bad. 

Edited by big2033

Just now, big2033 said:

Something will always be wrong with our WR core until Mariota plays better overall. That's what I believe.

Of course you do, because wr leave Marcus and blow up on other teams. They were bad when he threw for 27 td's too.

5 minutes ago, Huston said:

Of course you do, because wr leave Marcus and blow up on other teams. They were bad when he threw for 27 td's too.

And Russell Wilson has never had a WR drafted in the first round ... you wanna go down this road again?

If Mariota was already putting up top 10 QB numbers and play ... you'd have an argument. He's not. So you're hoping WR talent takes him from zero to 60.

Not realistic. 

Any leap you're looking for is going to have to come from him. WR talent is not going to save him.

Edited by big2033