Sign in to follow this  
Btowner

Dead gerrymandering architect's files

Recommended Posts

Thomas Hofeller, a GOP gerrymandering expert died last year and his daughter found drives filled with the GOP gerrymandering strategy and even references to the citizenship question on the census.

 

The daughter gave six drives and over 75000 files to lawyers who were already involved in in a gerrymandering lawsuit in North Carolina. It appears Hofeller was one of the leading gerrymandering experts in the country and drew some of the most partisan districts in the country. The fight to keep these files out of court will be interesting.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/07/once-secret-files-gerrymandering-strategist-show-gop-misled-court-watchdog-group-claims/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.05b5049c6ccf

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it was a fascinating turn of events for this guy's files to come to light. The guy died and his estranged daughter ended up with his computer stuff.

 

Stephanie Hofeller said in an interview with HuffPost Thursday she believes her father, who had a reputation for carefully handling documents and emails, intended for her to find the files. She was estranged from her father, had not spoken with him since 2014, and learned of his death after putting his name into Google.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

 

It's already happening.

 

 

Quote

Brian Boquist, one of the Republican senators who went missing, issued what sounded like a warning to any police officer who might try to arrest him.

 

“Send bachelors and come heavily armed,” Mr. Boquist said he told Travis Hampton, superintendent of the Oregon State Police. “I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/us/oregon-republicans-flee.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before we get that Pavlov's dogs response from certain posters that Dems also have pulled this running out of the state stunt.

 

One major difference is I don't recall previous Dems or even Republicans threatening to take up arms if police officers haul them back to do their jobs.

 

 

Edited by Btowner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

This is a crazy situation. These people fled the state and republican militias have threatened the Oregon senate, all because they don’t want to pass a bill to reduce fossil fuel emmions by 2050. I’m sure most of them have ties to the oil industry. Republicans truly don’t give a shit about anything but money. 

There's way more to it than that.

The dumbocrats running this state intend to be the next Kalifornia, even if it bankrupts every citizen here, with their punitive carbon tax scheme.

 

They already passed a business tax based on revenues instead of net, so companies already bailing out, and now the Dems want to increase the cost of living by over $600/household annually, and see if they can put the farmers and logging companies out of business.

 

Oh, and that gambit of leaving the capitol to prevent the necessary quorum to legally pass a bill?

Governor Kate Brown and her dumbocrat pals did that exact same thing in 2002 when they didn't like a bill.

This is nothing new, and not illegal here.

Katie just thinks she can strap on her Jack-Boots and force the Repulicans back.

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

There's way more to it than that.

The dumbocrats running this state intend to be the next Kalifornia, even if it bankrupts every citizen here, with their punitive carbon tax scheme.

 

They already passed a business tax based on revenues instead of net, so companies already bailing out, and now the Dems want to increase the cost of living by over $600/household annually, and see if they can put the farmers and logging companies out of business.

 

Oh, and that gambit of leaving the capitol to prevent the necessary quorum to legally pass a bill?

Governor Kate Brown and her dumbocrat pals did that exact same thing in 2002 when they didn't like a bill.

This is nothing new, and not illegal here.

Katie just thinks she can strap on her Jack-Boots and force the Repulicans back.

 

Good luck.

Lol nice use of conservative buzzwords. Immediately Let’s everyone know they are dealing with someone who is incapable of having a political convo without insulting someone. Heaven forbid the cost of living in Oregon raises $12 a month, rich people lose out on paying less tax than poor people, and people try to reduce pollution to make the planet last longer. Fuck them for wanting their future generations to live on a healthy planet. Your viewpoint is dying off quickly and the young people

are going to change this world. Deal with it. 

 

Also so I didn’t say it was illegal. But it’s pathetic and cowardly. And the organizations and senator that threatened to harm police should be jailed immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Lol nice use of conservative buzzwords. Immediately Let’s everyone know they are dealing with someone who is incapable of having a political convo without insulting someone. Heaven forbid the cost of living in Oregon raises $12 a month, rich people lose out on paying less tax than poor people, and people try to reduce pollution to make the planet last longer. Fuck them for wanting their future generations to live on a healthy planet. Your viewpoint is dying off quickly and the young people

are going to change this world. Deal with it. 

 

Also so I didn’t say it was illegal. But it’s pathetic and cowardly. And the organizations and senator that threatened to harm police should be jailed immediately.

You have no fucking idea what makes this state go, so sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

And your math skills suck bong-boy.

 

You small-minded dictatorial statist pricks would just love to tell the rest of the world how to live, and would punish those who find ways to live their best life in spite of you, if you could.

Nobody doubts that young people will change this world once we are gone.

 

The question is, how much will be worth living for when you're done with your "changes?"

 

Not much I suspect.  But hey, "less is more" right Mr Orwell?

 

You want cap and trade, get it passed in your own state.

Then you can explain to the world how great it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

You have no fucking idea what makes this state go, so sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

And your math skills suck bong-boy.

 

You small-minded dictatorial statist pricks would just love to tell the rest of the world how to live, and would punish those who find ways to live their best life in spite of you, if you could.

Nobody doubts that young people will change this world once we are gone.

 

The question is, how much will be worth living for when you're done with your "changes?"

 

Not much I suspect.  But hey, "less is more" right Mr Orwell?

 

You want cap and trade, get it passed in your own state.

Then you can explain to the world how great it is.

You really think he stands when posting online?  Or is that your go to “tough internet guy” line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

You really think he stands when posting online?  Or is that your go to “tough internet guy” line?

No, but when you 'tards get on the short bus, hopefully the driver always tells you that.

In the event of a wreck, you could be more severely injured if you're caught standing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.