NFL Odds released for 2019 NFL MVP

OILERMAN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So your'e saying coaching makes a difference when it comes to QB play??

The biggest omission on the list I see is Derrick Henry.   There is a scenario where he leads the league in rushing and has a monster year

Well sure the system the coach puts in place can be pass friendly and lead to big passing numbers.    Is this some kind of reference to me saying Mularkey wasn't the reason Mariota was stink

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

After 2016, everyone was bullish about Mariota and Carr.  Now not so much although seeing him at 60-1 was surprisingly high to me.  

My tag line was Marcus Mariota 2 MVP 1 SB MVP.  If I can write his name in, I'm putting a buck on him.  Hell, I could use a million dollars.

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

My tag line was Marcus Mariota 2 MVP 1 SB MVP.  If I can write his name in, I'm putting a buck on him.  Hell, I could use a million dollars.

You could use a few neurotransmitters that work. Did you look up the odds that the Titans will be able to yank out Luck’s size 15 clodhopper this year?

Yea, I could see the argument for Henry. RBs don't put up the numbers they used to. If the stars aligned, I could imagine a scenario where Henry puts up anomalous numbers compared to the rest of the league. If he did that, we're a playoff team. Add in the fact he'd have some wow highlights, he's an Alabama Heisman winner with a lot of fans already, and he's a freak of a specimen, and it's a slim possibility. But I think it's a hell of a lot more possible than Saquon Barkley -- the Giants aren't doing jack shit next year.

Forget MVP, the odds are heavily against Mariota finishing the season without missing multiple games due to injury. Has a QB in the last 15-20 years won the MVP after missing multiple games? I imagine it's damn near impossible given the crazy passing stats being put up every week.

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd put Henry way higher than Mariota 

Putting any money on a RB is stupid.  Chris Johnson has 2000 yards in 2009 and didn’t receive a single MVP vote.  (4 QBs got votes that year).

I think Mariota is probably closer to 100/1, but that is probably similar odds to what Mahommes was at this time last year.  It will be a QB and probably a QB under 30.

There is no way the Titans give Henry enough carries over a full season for him to get 2000 yards.  And even if they did, he isn’t winning MVP.

11 hours ago, Carpy said:

Putting any money on a RB is stupid.  Chris Johnson has 2000 yards in 2009 and didn’t receive a single MVP vote.  (4 QBs got votes that year).

I think Mariota is probably closer to 100/1, but that is probably similar odds to what Mahommes was at this time last year.  It will be a QB and probably a QB under 30.

There is no way the Titans give Henry enough carries over a full season for him to get 2000 yards.  And even if they did, he isn’t winning MVP.

I wonder if they made the playoffs how many votes CJ2K would have got