Talking w/ TD - Breakdown of AFC South Positional Groups

Supdawg

41 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

TR has devolved so much. Every thread ends up the same way. 

You must not have been around in the Vince Young or Jake Locker days.

This is the way it is until our QB position is an afterthought. Sorry.

When it comes to positional groups ... our QB group was the worst in the AFC South according to this breakdown ... the most important position in football ... was ranked the worst position group in the AFC South ... so what do you expect?

Edited by big2033

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fuller is a great compliment to Hopkins and Hopkins is friggin insane.

Regardless of his quarterbacking skills Watson has the ability to consistently make big plays. Which puts him ahead.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00/red-zone-passing-plays/2018   8 of the 20 TD’s were to Hopkins.  The same number that Mariota had in total

44 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

There was no restlessness involving the QB position prior to Mariota?  Maybe people are losing patience regarding our struggles with the premier position in all of sports?

People are losing their patience over the same few posters posting their same stance over and over and over.

5 hours ago, big2033 said:

When it comes to positional groups ... our QB group was the worst in the AFC South according to this breakdown ... the most important position in football ... was ranked the worst position group in the AFC South ... so what do you expect?

I’ve been around since the old board. I just didn’t post as much back then. 

I dont recall literally every thread derailing into a QB argument. I definitely could be wrong. 

QB might be most important on the team, but that doesn’t mean it should be the topic of every fucking thread. I don’t know how you guys don’t get tired of rehashing the same old shit. 

5 hours ago, abc2330 said:

There was no restlessness involving the QB position prior to Mariota?  Maybe people are losing patience regarding our struggles with the premier position in all of sports?

I mean, that’s part of it. But I think others are also getting tired of every fucking thread becoming the same way. 

I mean, I don’t know that you’d even be a poster here if it weren’t for our QB situation. As @Mythos27 has brought up, you find a way to include your disdain for our QB in almost every post. 

7 hours ago, big2033 said:

I’m not sure why this is hard for so many people. I think Mariota is a good QB who shines in clutch situations. Still, he’s easily behind Luck, Watson, and Foles; and now he’s down to his last barrel as a starter. I think his stats are somewhat misleading, but the fact is he’s being paid 20 million this year, playing for a huge deal or to be the consummate backup. The fan base owes him nothing and neither does the franchise and FO. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m not sure why this is hard for so many people. I think Mariota is a good QB who shines in clutch situations. 

If the team believed this he would be signed right now

10 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Sorry, next to worst.

31. HOUSTON TEXANS

2018 pass-blocking efficiency: 80.4

Competent offensive line play is difficult to find in the NFL, and no team exemplifies that more than the Houston Texans, who have now surrendered 200-plus quarterback pressures in three consecutive seasons. It may not have been as bad as last year (where they allowed 253 pressures), but they still allowed 31 sacks, 32 hits and 150 hurries from their 623 passing plays.

This number is exaggerated because Watson holds on to the ball for a long time trying to buy time for Hopkins to get into position.  

They definitely need to get better but any line would surrender a lot of sacks with Watson's playstyle.  

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Not with his production. 

Ah, you meant they don’t see him as a good QB. I don’t think they pay him 20 million unless they think he can be one. 

Exactly. JRob has shown himself to be pretty cutthroat. And Mariota isn’t who he drafted. 

I dont think they pay him unless they have faith. There were other options. 

3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You can’t take away Mariota being clutch. He’s came up big a lot of times in the fourth quarter.

Too much inconsistency otherwise.  If you look at situations which should be favorable to him- throwing from a clean pocket, his performance while the defense plays well (<25 points), one score games, etc., he is still inconsistent.  His numbers are a little better, but still poor and he has a good winning % though nothing mind blowing. Tannehill has a slightly higher winning % over his past two years in one score games and when the defense performed well, except that his QB rating was 100+ and he had nearly a 4/1 TD/INT ratio.  And he's always graded well throwing from a clean pocket.  That's why I make the comparison and argument that he may actually do a better job of executing the game plan,because he doesn't seem to do as much self-inflicted damage unless they put him on a bad position.

Edited by abc2330