Tajae Sharpe - Biggest OTA standout

kyle021

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sharpe shined as a rookie in OTAs(it's OTAs lol), he runs good routes and has good hands. But he can't beat man coverage and has no explosion. He's behind Davis, Humphries and likely Brown and maybe T

Though Sharpe lacks explosiveness I always could trust on him to find the sticks and make the catch. We desperately missed him last year with simple catch situations ala Jennings and Nick William's dr

My God it really is morphing into a Mariota thread. It’s just incredible. Fucking incredible. It’s almost impossible to discuss the team on this board anymore.

35 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

I'd keep Sharpe over Taylor right now, although there's room for both of them.

That’s where I find a bit of frustration. Sharpe is a good route runner and has good hands. Taylor can take the top off the defense. We don’t have another WR other than CD who could do that. 

So torn. 

6 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

That’s where I find a bit of frustration. Sharpe is a good route runner and has good hands. Taylor can take the top off the defense. We don’t have another WR other than CD who could do that. 

So torn. 

Taylor is in no danger but I think they keep 6 wr's this year.

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

So torn. 

I want Taylor to make Sharpe irrelevant. I agree we need his skill-set way more than Sharpe who is basically redundant at this point. I just don't trust him to. I think Sharpe is a better/more reliable played right now. 

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I want Taylor to make Sharpe irrelevant. I agree we need his skill-set way more than Sharpe who is basically redundant at this point. I just don't trust him to. I think Sharpe is a better/more reliable played right now. 

I think that's what we all are hoping for because if you have to play 5 or 6 wrs then how good are your top 3 guys to begin with. I want Sharpe on the bench ready if someone gets hurt.

Edited by Huston

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I don't see that happening.

There's way more to playing that position than just speed, and Sharpe has most of the right skills outside of speed, and neither guy is considered physical.

59 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Taylor isn’t going anywhere. Sharpe is in danger, which is why he’s playing ST’s. 

Sharpe played 15% more snaps (about 60%) compared to Taylor's 45% of snaps.  

Sharpe was the #2 WR on the team last year by snap count.  His snaps were on par with #2 WRs across the league.

Regardless of what many think about Taylor because of his (supposed) speed, Sharpe was the better WR last year, at least in the eyes of the Titans, which are the only ones that matter.

4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Sharpe played 15% more snaps (about 60%) compared to Taylor's 45% of snaps.  

Sharpe was the #2 WR on the team last year by snap count.  His snaps were on par with #2 WRs across the league.

Regardless of what many think about Taylor because of his (supposed) speed, Sharpe was the better WR last year, at least in the eyes of the Titans, which are the only ones that matter.

This can all be true and my point stands. Sharpe is redundant. Taylor offers something different. I happen to like Sharpe quite a bit. It doesn’t change the fact he’s working with STs for the first time for a reason. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This can all be true and my point stands. Sharpe is redundant. Taylor offers something different. I happen to like Sharpe quite a bit. It doesn’t change the fact he’s working with STs for the first time for a reason. 

Taylor runs a 4.5.  

Brown is bigger and faster.  Taylor isn't a niche talent that can't be replaced.  He's a replacement level player that will likely make the team as a reserve player who only finds himself on the field if someone gets injured or in specific situations.

He has some speed but he has trouble picking up the playbook and his hands are only okay.  He'll never be anything more than he is right now in the NFL.  

15 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Taylor runs a 4.5.  

Brown is bigger and faster.  Taylor isn't a niche talent that can't be replaced.  He's a replacement level player that will likely make the team as a reserve player who only finds himself on the field if someone gets injured or in specific situations.

He has some speed but he has trouble picking up the playbook and his hands are only okay.  He'll never be anything more than he is right now in the NFL.  

I still think his speed is deceptive. He doesn’t look as fast as others want to think he is. 

He is plenty fast, but he doesn’t look like an elite blazer on the field. 

47 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Taylor runs a 4.5.  

He’s consistently shown the ability to beat people deep. He’s burned both Jax corners and many others. He’s the only burner we have. I don’t care about his 40 time. He’s consistently beat man coverage over the top. That makes him more valuable than Sharpe. 

Speeds over rated if u ask me..See Juju who ran a 4.7 or sumthin coming out.Just give me a guy that has good hands and can get to his spot.Dont get me wrong having a blazer is great but it’s not a necessity .

*I know juju ran a 4.5 at combine befor anyone points that out.I was speaking of his time in college befor hand.

Edited by JMoney420

47 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s consistently shown the ability to beat people deep. He’s burned both Jax corners and many others. He’s the only burner we have. I don’t care about his 40 time. He’s consistently beat man coverage over the top. That makes him more valuable than Sharpe. 

So valuable that the Titans played him less than half the snaps last year and then went out and paid one receiver big money to take snaps from him and then drafted another one in the second round.  Makes sense.  

Edited by Justafan