kyle021

Tajae Sharpe - Biggest OTA standout

https://titansized.com/2019/06/18/tajae-sharpe-titans-surprise-standout/amp/ 

Notes his route running has gotten even more precise. States he is lining up in multiple spots. This makes me happy because I always felt like he would make for a great slot WR based on size and route running. He isn’t necessarily quick like you want from slot guys ideally but he won’t have to beat press coverage and he will be able to run crisp routes with free releases. 

I would love for a package of Davis and Brown outside and Sharpe and Humphries in the slot with Lewis in the backfield. 

That would be a great trips formation with Davis wide left, Sharpe next to him and Humphries to the right of Sharpe. Throw A.J. on far right side of the field and let him work the opposing #2 or #3 CB in this scenario since the defense has to load the left side of the offense up with their best players and let Brown work the #2 or 3 CB with no Safety help and have Lewis run a delay swing route to the right side if he doesn’t have to block anyone. Could be a lethal lineup. 

Also if we are rolling into week 1 with a healthy WR Corp I would not be opposed to letting Taylor or Sharpe catch on with a new team in need of a starter. They work their ass off and are great team guys and it looks and appears we are loaded at WR. 

A team like the Pats who have a bevy if picks could call us and offer a 4th or 5th for one of them and I would take it. 

That would still leave Davis who is a clear #1, Brown, Humphries, Sharpe/Taylor, Jennings and a guy such as Ratliff or Batson  

I could see NE inquiring for one of them (probably Taylor. He fits their scheme) I could also see Miami since they need help at WR or even an NFC team like Washington or NYG

This is the first time in our TN history we’ve started to build decent WR depth. We aren’t trading anybody unless they fuck up.  

Great to see sharpe is getting better. We will need him

34 minutes ago, titanruss said:

This is the first time in our TN history we’ve started to build decent WR depth. We aren’t trading anybody unless they fuck up.  

Great to see sharpe is getting better. We will need him

It really is 

we have a championship caliber roster and will start to compensatory picks for first time since Fisher regime

Sharpe has made it clear that he's willing to adapt in order to stay on the roster.  As a #4-5 WR Sharpe is great and so is Taylor.  They will have great value in specific situations on specific weeks and it wouldn't surprise me if other weeks Tajae plays STs and only gets a snap or two on offense to give the other guys a breather.

Here's the thing though, the Titans have never had the ability to flood the field with decent WRs and beat opposing teams' CB depth.  This year they can.  I still expect a lot of run-heavy game plans but they could run or screen out of 3-4 and even 5 WR sets and be lethal and could then pass out of those same formations.  Last year, they basically had no choice but to go play action if they wanted chunk plays.  

If Walker is back to 100% the offense just might be good enough to win a bunch of games even against this rough schedule.  I'm looking forward to it, even if I'm only cautiously optimistic.  

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Sharpe shined as a rookie in OTAs(it's OTAs lol), he runs good routes and has good hands. But he can't beat man coverage and has no explosion. He's behind Davis, Humphries and likely Brown and maybe Taylor. He's scheduled to make 2 mill as base. 

Sharpe still has an uphill battle to make the roster imo

It’s OTAs lol? Why isn’t it that for Mariota?

Sharpe's problem has always been: turns into a bitch in pads. Gets frustrated with press. Can't adjust to contact. Corners know it and they fuck with him. 

Edited by SleepingTitan

1 minute ago, titanthakur said:

Needs to put on weight. 

does that really enhance his game any? Hes not a TE or RB where he can throw his weight around. Added weight on an already slowish receiver prob a bad idea. 

13 minutes ago, JCBRAVE said:

does that really enhance his game any? Hes not a TE or RB where he can throw his weight around. Added weight on an already slowish receiver prob a bad idea. 

Nope not at all, he wins with quickness and tight route running combined with good hands.

Just now, Huston said:

Nope not at all, he wins with quickness and tight route running combined with good hands.

He runs well enough routes to be serviceable, but its what he doesnt do thats going to possibly cost him a spot.

Doesnt play special teams, and also isnt a guy to run screens and sweeps thru. No one is really scared of him getting behind the Safety either. 

Also, assuming he becomes the 5th WR, we dont run many 5-wide sets, so hes limited to very few plays. Usually that 5th WR offers something in the kick off/ return department, he does not.

3 minutes ago, JCBRAVE said:

He runs well enough routes to be serviceable, but its what he doesnt do thats going to possibly cost him a spot.

Doesnt play special teams, and also isnt a guy to run screens and sweeps thru. No one is really scared of him getting behind the Safety either. 

Also, assuming he becomes the 5th WR, we dont run many 5-wide sets, so hes limited to very few plays. Usually that 5th WR offers something in the kick off/ return department, he does not.

According to reports he's looked good on special teams as a gunner thus far.