9 Nines

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Huge regret

You do realize that he's set records right? He was the best in the red zone about a couple years ago. His first start was maybe one of the best first starts that I've ever seen in my life. His first c

Taking Mariota was the right decision at the time, the franchise can't be faulted for that decision.    

Posted Images

The supposed alternate plan was to stick with Mett and draft Amari Cooper. We should have still been terrible in 2015 with Mett and likely ended up with the #1 pick where we'd pick Goff or Wentz. Goff/Wentz > Mariota and Cooper > Davis in this reality, so that could be a win, but we don't know how those players would have ended up if they had started out on our team. I don't think Mularkey would have been a good long term answer for either of them either.

Things get pretty hard to predict though. Would we still have fired Whiz and Webster? Would Mularkey have still been the interim and been retained leading to JRob being the GM hire?

Our entire draft classes would have been different. Who knows who we'd have instead?

I hate playing the shoulda, coulda, woulda game. It's a slippery slope. Drafting Mariota was right at the time. 

I tend to just bring up that we could've drafted Tom Brady to end the conversation.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:41 PM, prometheus said:

No.  The talent was there in the Oregon system.  No way to really know the injury bug that has crippled him every year in some way or another.  Preferred him over his comparison QB.  

pro

His BMI pointed to injury possibilities when compared to others who had similar injury woes.

I secretly wanted Shameus Winston. I think if he was surrounded by the right people (players and staff), he could be great. 

That being said, Mariota was an auto pick after Jameis went. So I can't say I regret it. I no longer feel like he's a franchise QB. 

On 6/18/2019 at 2:59 AM, OILERMAN said:

Tannehill will start this season at some point and will be the bridge starter/back-up in 2020 to a rookie. 

We might have ourselves a Foles/Wentz situation in 2020-21 tbh. We will have built up a solid team by then too. 

16 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

We might have ourselves a Foles/Wentz situation in 2020-21 tbh. We will have built up a solid team by then too. 

who would be foles and who would be wentz?  no way both Mariota and Tannehill will be on this team next year.

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

I just dont know what Marcus has done to earn this much blind homerism. 

If you actually think about it, it’s not hard to see. But, I get it. You don’t critically think, so why would you be able to see anything?

also, I’m not a Mariota defender. I just think you’re dumb in general most times. 

2 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

If you actually think about it, it’s not hard to see. But, I get it. You don’t critically think, so why would you be able to see anything?

also, I’m not a Mariota defender. I just think you’re dumb in general most times. 

Has he done enough to earn an extension? 

Thats what I thought

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Thats what I thought

that has a lot to do with the fact he cant stay healthy...nobody denies that if he gets hurt again it's probably the end of the line for him here in Tenn.

I think if he had stayed healthy last year we probably are a playoff team and he gets an extension.

Still might have not been the right thing for the Titans to do but I bet they would have done it.

cant really say he sux cause he didn't get an extension nor could you sing his praises cause he got one.

Look at Dak...he's gonna get an extension but it doesn't mean he's gonna earn it in the future.  There are plenty who say he won't.

13 hours ago, headhunter said:

Thats what I thought

Ahh, that makes sense. 

Not yet, in my opinion. But he has this year to prove he is worth it. 

All I’m saying is constantly posting one sentence (or sometimes even one word) makes it seem like you are pretty simple when the situation is clearly not as simple as you make it out to be.