9 Nines

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Huge regret

You do realize that he's set records right? He was the best in the red zone about a couple years ago. His first start was maybe one of the best first starts that I've ever seen in my life. His first c

Taking Mariota was the right decision at the time, the franchise can't be faulted for that decision.    

Posted Images

No, we needed a QB and he's the best QB from that draft. It's unfortunate he can't stay healthy, but that's not really something you can often predict happening. He had an injury or two in college but nothing all that serious and no where near the amount he's had in the pros.

Overall when healthy he's a decent enough QB(average to slightly above) that you can win with if you build around him. JRob has built around him, now he needs to stay healthy. If he can't, time to find someone else I guess.

I started a thread about Mariota 2015,2016 and Mariota 2017,2018.  We drafted him in 2015 and at the start of 2017 he was labeled one of the NFL rising QB to replace the aging elite franchise QB.  Something happened or as some think his flaws were exposed and he couldn't elevate his game over the defenses designed to stop him.  I was glad we got him and Bill Polian said he would be one of the greats prior to the 2015 draft.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Edited by Number9

45 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I started a thread about Mariota 2015,2016 and Mariota 2017,2018.  We drafted him in 2015 and at the start of 2017 he was labeled one of the NFL rising QB to replace the aging elite franchise QB.  Something happened or as some think his flaws were exposed and he couldn't elevate his game over the defenses designed to stop him.  I was glad we got him and Bill Polian said he would be one of the greats prior to the 2015 draft.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Mariota is the same player now that he was in 2015/2016. Anyone who called him "elite" or anything close to it was just box score scouting, same as they do now when they say he's fallen off some proverbial cliff. He's an average to slightly above average QB when he's healthy. Always has been, and given he's been that through 4 years already, probably always will be. It's just like Derek Carr. Everyone asking "what happened to the guy that was borderline elite in 2016!?!?"...dude was never borderline elite. Just more trash boxscore scouting. He's the same QB now as he was then.

22 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Obviously

Assuming they still end up with a top 2 draft pick the next year 

Carson Wenz anyone?

Do we get Nick Foles to win us the playoff games that Wentz can't show up for due to injury too?

21 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Obviously

Assuming they still end up with a top 2 draft pick the next year 

Carson Wenz anyone?

16 minutes ago, big2033 said:

No. It made sense at the time and in the circumstances.

The franchise was failing at the time.  You could not give away tickets to see the 2014 Titans.  If they passed up clean-cut, Heisman trophy winner Marcus Mariota they might have had to move.  Especially if he had a first game with some other team like he did for the Titans @Tampa.   

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Mariota is the same player now that he was in 2015/2016. Anyone who called him "elite" or anything close to it was just box score scouting, same as they do now when they say he's fallen off some proverbial cliff. He's an average to slightly above average QB when he's healthy. Always has been, and given he's been that through 4 years already, probably always will be. It's just like Derek Carr. Everyone asking "what happened to the guy that was borderline elite in 2016!?!?"...dude was never borderline elite. Just more trash boxscore scouting. He's the same QB now as he was then.

Do we get Nick Foles to win us the playoff games that Wentz can't show up for due to injury too?

That's it!  They said Mariota and Carr were going to be two of the new QB to carry the NFL into the future.

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

That's it!  They said Mariota and Carr were going to be two of the new QB to carry the NFL into the future.

Its the draft hyperbole is at an all time high during that spectacle. His numbers in college were great but the second and third progressions were bad. As of right now I think he will play in the NFL for a while and win some games. At this point, unless he takes off and reaches several new levels, I would not hitch my wagon to him any longer. I am rooting for the kid, but Im betting against him...