Bad Situation

Number9

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am one of those 'older guys' who does not understand the need or the desire to harass, insult, demean, or otherwise bully and intimidate another person anywhere in life, including a message board.  

I really thought this was going to be another Mariota thread tbh

merc has it pretty well laid out.    CTF actually sent me some stuff from his family business. It was some fitness type stuff, a box of various stuff. It was a nice genuine gesture. Honestly

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Number9 said:

I have been posting here since 2000(?).  I used to post on the AOL Oilers MB before I found out about this bunch.  Over the years, I have learned a lot about the Titans, football and the NFL.  The board also has expanded to have the OT and Politics sections.  I'm not the smartest guy about anything, but I am not anybody's dummy.  A few years ago a poster on here for some reason picked up some type resentment against me.

The first time I noticed it was in the chat room.  We would be in there watching the game and he would make remarks aimed at irritating me.  My response was to just stop going into the chat room and I haven't been back since.  I don't look for fights and will walk away before getting into one.  This was about three years ago.  After that, he was using the follow feature to read my posts and then try to start up arguments.  My response was to just make jokes about it and tell him to go away.  I am posting this openly because I am not interested in having personal MB fights about non football issues or really any kind of MB fights.

Once, I told him I wasn't interested in having a paparazzi.  He slowed down, left me alone for a good while.  Now, he's back at it.  I really have no idea what could stir up a person this bad on a message board.  I see this as somewhat of an alter ego, but also we all are friends of sorts.  I have no animosity toward anybody who posts here and often don't even know a poster's style or position on issues.  I respect everyone and think you are great guys who like me love the Titans.

So, I am putting this out here to just say maybe it's time to let this go.  I come here daily to read about the team and enjoy the conversation.  I do not start attacks on you or anybody.  We all joke and people call each other names.  But this is different and it's mean spirited.  These remarks are intended to actually make the recipient feel bad.  Why?  Over the years, I have reached out to individual posters to apologize when something I said I later felt was not appropriate.  I have also offered to pray for people and be open if they needed someone to share with.  That's how I am and it's how I live.

Sincerely, this is my open offer to just end this.  You win.

We have a follow feature?!

image.png.35f4d5e144c00b71d60daafd4c58eeba.png

Hey Touched The Tard, you should have said UNCLE when you had the chance. It's summertime in Seattle so family and friends are starting to roll in. I don't have near as much time now but I will still launch your tard nuts up behind your ears every chance I get. Had dinner here last night. Check it out when your world travels lead you up in this area. 

16 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

image.png.35f4d5e144c00b71d60daafd4c58eeba.png

Hey Touched The Tard, you should have said UNCLE when you had the chance. It's summertime in Seattle so family and friends are starting to roll in. I don't have near as much time now but I will still launch your tard nuts up behind your ears every chance I get. Had dinner here last night. Check it out when your world travels lead you up in this area. 

Maybe so.  My thing is I don't get a huge kick out of having a blood and guts internet fight.  I mostly post what's my opinion.  l may fail at humor, but everybody can't be Dave Chappell.  My main problem is l don't want to spend my time trying to out debase another poster.  People call each other fucktard, retard, idiots and everything else.  I get that and it's mostly in good humor.  I don't have an updated putdown vocabulary.  Mostly is my day it was motherfucker and son of a bitch.  But somewhere along the way, I quit calling people names.  I also quit fucking with people.

I used to pick at a guy at work.  One day, he called me to come here.  He pulled out a knife and said if I kept it up, he was going to cut my ass.  He meant it.  But over the years, I have just grown past that.  I drive down the street and when people start cussing me out for bad driving, I just hump over the steering wheel and look straight ahead.

Today I try to give what I want to get in life.  I'm not really excited to come on here and call somebody a turd.  What's the fun in that?  There are plenty of places a person could go to sling insults at people.  You could call them on the phone, or stand on the corner just trying to push people's buttons.  But at the end of the day, I just don't see the fulfillment in that.  It just isn't what I want to do.

4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Maybe so.  My thing is I don't get a huge kick out of having a blood and guts internet fight.  I mostly post what's my opinion.  l may fail at humor, but everybody can't be Dave Chappell.  My main problem is l don't want to spend my time trying to out debase another poster.  People call each other fucktard, retard, idiots and everything else.  I get that and it's mostly in good humor.  I don't have an updated putdown vocabulary.  Mostly is my day it was motherfucker and son of a bitch.  But somewhere along the way, I quit calling people names.  I also quit fucking with people.

I used to pick at a guy at work.  One day, he called me to come here.  He pulled out a knife and said if I kept it up, he was going to cut my ass.  He meant it.  But over the years, I have just grown past that.  I drive down the street and when people start cussing me out for bad driving, I just hump over the steering wheel and look straight ahead.

Today I try to give what I want to get in life.  I'm not really excited to come on here and call somebody a turd.  What's the fun in that?  There are plenty of places a person could go to sling insults at people.  You could call them on the phone, or stand on the corner just trying to push people's buttons.  But at the end of the day, I just don't see the fulfillment in that.  It just isn't what I want to do.

Look in the mirror and remember what I've told you numerous times. Your tard army is an insult to intelligence. Gotta go.