Bad Situation

Number9

16 hours ago, Number9 said:

At first, I thought I made a big mistake making this thread.  Now, I realize it's greatly needed.  There are a lot of people who would probably like to post on here. but they are afraid of the "Thunder Dome".  There used to be posters here who were on the team, family members and columnists who read what was being said.  Life's about more than I beat you up, you beat me up.

Like I said, "I'm hanging up the gloves."  If someone doesn't like what I say, if it's rational I will answer.  If they just don't like me or trying to make a name.  Tuff tit.  Go build your tuff guy rep somewhere else.  

dp

Edited by MIKE75

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am one of those 'older guys' who does not understand the need or the desire to harass, insult, demean, or otherwise bully and intimidate another person anywhere in life, including a message board.  

I really thought this was going to be another Mariota thread tbh

merc has it pretty well laid out.    CTF actually sent me some stuff from his family business. It was some fitness type stuff, a box of various stuff. It was a nice genuine gesture. Honestly

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

It was in the off topic forum and it was in a really obscure thread. I posted in the football portion for people to go look but it didn't gain traction. It was absolutely brutal. 

There were people like Merc and others who said they wanted to pile on but actually felt pity for CTF. 

I get that. At some point, if the person you display on this random Internet forum is different than who you really are, humanity might take the upper hand. 

I see see everyone on here as random bots. 

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Watching in real time was just unreal. You could just see CTF going down and desperately trying to save himself but making it worse with every post. He was so stubborn and about a quarter as smart as he thought he was. Those pics he was posting to show how great his life was, yikes!

His entire persona was destroyed in a matter a minutes. Of course the first sign was when he let it slip that his brother cut him out of his father's business. 

1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

Proof of this CTF ordeal or it didn't happen 

From my understanding he (or he had someone else) delete all of his posts after he decided it was time to call it a day here.  I think a few folks screen capped some of it, or at least saved some of the pics he posted.  Granted this was a couple of years ago so some of the stuff that was saved could be lost by now.  But it absolutely happened.  Many here will vouch for that.  

The gist of it was this:  CTF had presented himself here for two decades as this (basically I think) retired, super handsome, very wealthy guy who had some very strong opinions on certain things.  He prided himself on his wealthy lifestyle, superior intellect, and basically having it made compared to most of the plebes here.  He was a HUGE proponent of pot.  Like, imagine the Joe Rogan DMT meme but apply it to weed.  That was CTF.  He worked it into every conversation.  He had some other strong opinions that were kinda out there (namely debt is a better reflection of wealth than savings, etc).  He’d argue tooth and nail over his assertions then kinda do the typical thing of LOLing at other posters who disagreed with him because he was rich, getting high on the reg, and better looking than everyone here.  His forum handle was “Powerful and attractive”

anyway he got into a debate with folks over the benefits of pot - how it actually made one smarter than non smokers.  It went back and forth with him not waivering that weed actually made him more intelligent than everyone else. It wasn’t shtick.  He believed it. To prove his point he finally posted some real life pictures.  It started with him taking a selfie and including the wrong date.  People laughed at the self ownage.  He doubled down by posting more selfies of his lavish lifestyle to rub it other folks faces - with his luxury vehicle and golf equipment.  In doing so, it was revealed he wasn’t in the best physical shape and also given the possessions shown, very likely not as wealthy as he had claimed for the better part of two decades.  He got made fun of yet again.   And he tripled down with more pictures - all of them slowly revealing the charade he’d been presenting himself as to all of us on the forums.  The masses weren’t kind.  He went nuclear and raged and made it worse.  And basically revealed he’d been strong armed out of his own family business because he was too immature/irresponsible to be trusted with it and was living on an allowance.   The piling on didn’t stop.  He had become a meme. And his ego couldn’t take it, so he finally just Thanos’d himself.   It was ugly. 

Edited by Mercalius

20 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Didn’t CTF randomly call one of the posters at work? Maybe Legal?

I thought that was Woolfolks Uncle.  On second thought, I think Legal got calls from BOTH of them.  The way CTF turned on Legal was sad and he was totally off the rails at that point.

Merc, I think he only started posting pics of himself because we were all giving him shit on how fat his face was. 

Just now, rns90 said:

I thought that was Woolfolks Uncle.  On second thought, I think Legal got calls from BOTH of them.  The way CTF turned on Legal was sad and he was totally off the rails at that point.

Merc, I think he only started posting pics of himself because we were all giving him shit on how fat his face was. 

CTF had serious issues I think.  He'd randomly go off on someone for what seemed like no apparent reason.  It's almost like he used this board as his way to blow off steam.  But he took things to a level that was way too personal.  

I wish he was still here for when Jeff Fisher got fired.

4 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Wait yeah you’re right.  Didn’t CMJ start the whole thing off by posting that pic of him on the hammock?

31 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

His forum handle was “Powerful and attractive”

I think that was more of a pro-Fisher joke that Oilerman and CTF used to throw around.

6 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Wait yeah you’re right.  Didn’t CMJ start the whole thing off by posting that pic of him on the hammock?

Yes.  Then CTF started posting more photos to prove that he wasn't fat (which failed) and other pics which were supposed to show how rich he was (golf clubs, pic of a speedboat) and that didn't go the way he thought. 

I got a laugh that he proved that long term pot use was bad for your memory with the "wrong month" pic. 

I'm trying to remember what prompted CMJ to find/post that pic.  I remember that CTF was talking shit about something...may have been what great shape he was in.

Edited by rns90

That is bizarre.  Was there unanimous resentment towards him prior to that going down, or were people getting carried away with the humor of that entire situation?  I'm sure it didn't help that he claimed himself to be better than everyone else.  I'm just curious if the backlash was because there was respect for him on some level only to find out that he was a fraud, or if they just didn't like him.

Edited by abc2330