Well this isn’t good(Iran)

IsntLifeFunny

The saddest thing in all of this is that the world no longer knows to believe us over Iran. We've lost that much credibility in a mere 3 years. These are the tangible consequences of having a buffoon no one respects as our president. I don't really care whether the world likes us but it is imperative that they respect us and thanks to Trump I think it's pretty obvious that they no longer do.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much winning lol. Hes destroying 50 years of American Diplomacy and all your pea brain can say is but Obama/lock her up! You are exactly what's wrong with this country.

I still directly blame Trump for all of this if we go to war. He never should have gotten out of the agreement. 

Iran was not violating the conditions of the agreement. Trump simply withdrew us from the agreement for political reasons. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The saddest thing in all of this is that the world no longer knows to believe us over Iran. We've lost that much credibility in a mere 3 years. These are the tangible consequences of having a buffoon no one respects as our president. I don't really care whether the world likes us but it is imperative that they respect us and thanks to Trump I think it's pretty obvious that they no longer do.

If it were just Trump that would be an easy fix. But you could have said the same with Dubya and getting us into Iraq. Obama, while hardly perfect, restored a lot of faith the rest of the world had lost in the US after we lied our way into invading Iraq. I’m not sure the next president will be able to fully restore that lost faith the rest of the world used to have in American leadership.

If I’m NATO, I’m rethinking the sureness of the bond with America going forward. Who is to say we won’t just elect another retard next time? The pendulum keeps swinging wildly these last few elections.

7 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I see that you would rather have a week president like Obama who draws meaningless red lines, and provides billions to a murderous regime to use at its disposal.

Just now, Little Earl said:

I see that you would rather have a week president like Obama who draws meaningless red lines, and provides billions to a murderous regime to use at its disposal.

Trump is a compete joke and the world is laughing. Obama wasn't a joke. Damn right I'd rather have Obama. International politics is more of a team game and Trump has been telling some of his most important teammates to go fuck themselves for 3 years. 

BTW, can't you see the irony in your post? You refer to Obama as weak for not crossing an arbitrary red line but won't dare to say the same about the guy who just called off a strike after having troops in position because he got cold feet? You hypocrite.

Weakness is not even having more credibility with the international community than fucking Iran.

9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

If it were just Trump that would be an easy fix. But you could have said the same with Dubya and getting us into Iraq. Obama, while hardly perfect, restored a lot of faith the rest of the world had lost in the US after we lied our way into invading Iraq. I’m not sure the next president will be able to fully restore that lost faith the rest of the world used to have in American leadership.

If I’m NATO, I’m rethinking the sureness of the bond with America going forward. Who is to say we won’t just elect another retard next time? The pendulum keeps swinging wildly these last few elections.

I don't dispute that the world has certainly looked at us more critically since the 9/11 era but I don't think we've been considered flat-out liars or undependable partners by our allies until Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/trump-ordered-attack-on-iran-for-downing-drone-then-called-it-off/2019/06/21/24f4994e-93f3-11e9-aadb-74e6b2b46f6a_story.html?utm_term=.55209e0cee83

President Trump on Friday described a nail-biting decision to call off an imminent attack on Iran in order to avoid disproportionate casualties, but the account is already facing scrutiny from aides around him and military analysts questioning the sequence of events he laid out in tweets and statements.

Early in the day, the president said he called off the counterattack at the last minute because it would kill 150 people in retaliation for the downing of an unmanned surveillance drone. “We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die,” he tweeted.

But administration officials said Trump was told earlier Thursday how many casualties could occur if a strike on Iran was carried out, and that he had given the green light to prepare for the operation Thursday morning.

The confusion reinforced concerns about the Trump administration’s credibility at a time when key U.S. allies are already questioning its narrative about Iran’s culpability for a recent spate of attacks on oil tankers.

6 hours ago, ctm said:

I agree.  If I'm sitting at the table in the situation room and going over the possible options, the first question I'm going to ask is how many people will die if we take this option?  I'm not going to ask until the planes are in the air.

Yeah I'm starting to question this whole "mission". Would potential casualties not be addressed in the pre op briefing, before even making a decision to launch a strike? And beyond that, were there not plenty of other targets available that were not in close proximity of civilians?

Did Iran give a shit about the civilians who were simply doing their jobs on the oil tankers that were attacked?

Our leadership and military coordination are not functioning like the most powerful nation in the world should be. This is weak, feckless leadership to allow unchecked aggression like this, as well as other current events that have happened recently.

There is a difference between restraint and being bullied. America is straight up getting punked right now,  it's quite embarrasing.

1 minute ago, Former_Fan said:

Yeah I'm starting to question this whole "mission". Would potential casualties not be addressed in the pre op briefing, before even making a decision to launch a strike? And beyond that, were there not plenty of other targets available that were not in close proximity of civilians?

Did Iran give a shit about the civilians who were simply doing their jobs on the oil tankers that were attacked?

Our leadership and military coordination are not functioning like the most powerful nation in the world should be. This is weak, feckless leadership to allow unchecked aggression like this, as well as other current events that have happened recently.

There is a difference between restraint and being bullied. America is straight up getting punked right now,  it's quite embarrasing.

Bingo. Iran purposefully hasnt killed anyone in the recent attacks. They are either fighting a rogue element within the military or trying to provoke the U.S. to strike first. They know trump is a spineless buffoon who is fighting off Bolton and Pompeo's calls for war.

My theory is he always goes with his gut and that almost always tells him to play to his base; and for once he had enough sense that he was getting into really deep water here, and as I said before, without Mattis there, there's no one but Bolton who's a complete war hawk which goes against Trump's instincts to avoid war to give him advice. Secretary of the Army is really way more of an administrative post and not someone to give you major foreign policy advice.

26 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Bingo. Iran purposefully hasnt killed anyone in the recent attacks. They are either fighting a rogue element within the military or trying to provoke the U.S. to strike first. They know trump is a spineless buffoon who is fighting off Bolton and Pompeo's calls for war.

No doubt Pompeo and Bolton are pushing for retaliation. Putin may be pulling Trumps puppet strings again, just like he did when North Korea was causing problems. Iran and NK are allies of Russia so this is definitely a legitimate theory. Not to mention the chance of war and fear of it hurting his chances at being re-elected..