Well this isn’t good(Iran)

IsntLifeFunny

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much winning lol. Hes destroying 50 years of American Diplomacy and all your pea brain can say is but Obama/lock her up! You are exactly what's wrong with this country.

I still directly blame Trump for all of this if we go to war. He never should have gotten out of the agreement. 

Iran was not violating the conditions of the agreement. Trump simply withdrew us from the agreement for political reasons. 

Posted Images

Japanese Oil Tanker Owner Says U.S. Is Wrong About Gulf Attack

https://www.thedailybeast.com/japanese-oil-tanker-owner-says-us-is-wrong-about-gulf-attack

Yukaka Katada, the owner of one of the stricken oil tankers crippled in explosions in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, says the U.S. is wrong about the way the attack was carried out. Speaking at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday, he contradicted Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the U.S. Navy, which released a video that purports to show an Iranian patrol boat removing a limpet mine from the port side of the Kokuka Courageous. Katada said his ship was attacked on the starboard side by a flying object, not by a mine. “It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Katada said, according to the Financial Times. “It seems there was a high chance they were attacked by a flying object. The impact was well above the water. I don’t think it was a torpedo.” The Japanese ship owner did not say who might be responsible for the attack. Iran has vehemently denied it was involved.

Too many possibilities and motives from multiple parties. Needs to be thoroughly investigated and then the perps need punished. Iran leadership doesn't have full control due to economic hardships lately. Could be rogues trying to start something. Could be a setup from someone with a grudge like the Saudis. Could be the Russians as well. They like this type of covert shit to start problems like in Ukraine. And then we could always find out its some corrupt ass American politician somewhere.  

The whole situation is very strange. The ship captain is saying they all saw something flying at the hull and that it wasn’t a torpedo. If they’re correct, which maybe they aren’t, that’s a missile. It’s hard to get your head around the account. Apparently Iran fires on an American drone (from our account) with a SAM a couple hours before this happened. I can’t wrap my mind around the Iranians using a missile against a ship. That has never been their strategy going all the way back to the encounters we had in the 80s. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The whole situation is very strange. The ship captain is saying they all saw something flying at the hull and that it wasn’t a torpedo. If they’re correct, which maybe they aren’t, that’s a missile. It’s hard to get your head around the account. Apparently Iran fires on an American drone (from our account) with a SAM a couple hours before this happened. I can’t wrap my mind around the Iranians using a missile against a ship. That has never been their strategy going all the way back to the encounters we had in the 80s. 

I believe US sources were claiming that they were using mines. The boats need to be towed back to port and inspected. The damage will reveal what type of weaponry was used. Also, I find it hard to believe its a missile simply because Radars would have had some sort of track. USS Bainbridge wasn't far away and it has the AEGIS system so it would have had tracking data on a missile I would think. 

21 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

I believe US sources were claiming that they were using mines. The boats need to be towed back to port and inspected. The damage will reveal what type of weaponry was used. Also, I find it hard to believe its a missile simply because Radars would have had some sort of track. USS Bainbridge wasn't far away and it has the AEGIS system so it would have had tracking data on a missile I would think. 

I wouldn’t think so either, but if you read the account of the captain, he was pretty adamant about it. He said directly he thought the US was wrong and that he and his crew saw something flying in the air. If it was a mine it was a sticky mine (for lack of better vernacular). Which is quite possible. The Iranians have been known to do this. I still don’t see how our intelligence was immediately blaming the Iranian Government for it without even so much as inspecting it. 

260723B3-BAF8-4777-AC4D-D04980ADD583.jpeg

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Just to add to the sticky mine scenario, that would mean forces went directly up to the boat. I’m sure you all caught what I was saying, but it’s an important distinction. I just can’t see that happening, but if it wasn’t a missile then it was a  mine someone placed on the hull. That picture is clear. A regular mine doesn’t do that type of damage. It’s an interesting situation. 

On 6/13/2019 at 7:49 PM, tgo said:

Yeah. Would be a death knell to any election chances.

Then again, maybe he would see it as a needed distraction.

Trump doesn't want a war but he would like any opportunity to talk tough and do nothing. 

Pompeo and Bolton however want a war with Iran.. so do the Saudis and Israelis. 

Russia won't though so from a political standpoint it could get interesting for Trump. He wants to make the Saudis happy but he doesn't want to piss off Putin and we all know Trump isn't exactly a deep thinker. I'm not sure of Russia's exact stance on Iran but I know they're both allies with Syria so I figure they're cozy.