Well this isn’t good(Iran)

IsntLifeFunny

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9284293/explosions-oil-tankers-gulf-of-oman-iran/

It is the assessment of the United States government that the Islamic Republic of Iran is responsible for the attacks that occurred in the Gulf of Oman today," Pompeo told reporters.

"This assessment is based on intelligence, the weapons used, the level of expertise needed to execute the operation, recent similar Iranian attacks on shipping, and the fact that no proxy group operating in the area has the resources and proficiency to act with such a high degree of sophistication.

“Taken as a whole, these unprovoked attacks present a clear threat to international peace and security,” he said.

I have a tough time believing the government of Iran would do something like this, but of course Pompeo is immediately saying it was Iran. This isn’t good at all. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much winning lol. Hes destroying 50 years of American Diplomacy and all your pea brain can say is but Obama/lock her up! You are exactly what's wrong with this country.

I still directly blame Trump for all of this if we go to war. He never should have gotten out of the agreement. 

Iran was not violating the conditions of the agreement. Trump simply withdrew us from the agreement for political reasons. 

Posted Images

If Iran actually was stupid enough to use their military to torpedo US oil tankers then I’m not sure what the response should be. This is a major escalation. Going to war in Iran would be insanity in my opinion. Still, if they did this then there will be justifiable escalation. 

Feels like a setup from other Arab states who want us to invade Iran and overthrow their biggest rival. 

I mean, maybe it was Iran, but where is the proof? What is their incentive knowing the US just sent 2 carrier groups to the region? Why would they be doing this now?

7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Feels like a setup from other Arab states who want us to invade Iran and overthrow their biggest rival. 

I mean, maybe it was Iran, but where is the proof? What is their incentive knowing the US just sent 2 carrier groups to the region? Why would they be doing this now?

Yep. But our guy Pompeo knows immediately, because of the same intelligence his Administration denigrates at every turn, that it was definitely Iran. Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. It could have been them, but if they make a military move they better show hard evidence. 

49 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It makes zero sense that Iran would do this. Zero. It would be markedly against their own interests. 

This whole thing seems very much like bullshit. 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

The one reason Iran could get away with something like this is because Trump can't go to war

Yeah. Would be a death knell to any election chances.

Then again, maybe he would see it as a needed distraction.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Yeah. Would be a death knell to any election chances.

Then again, maybe he would see it as a needed distraction.

He's in a tough spot for sure. He might need to call out for help from another country!

9 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The one reason Iran could get away with something like this is because Trump can't go to war

Depends on when it starts.  People tend to rally around the flag and president when war initially starts.  It when things go bad, as they usually do, that the presidents popularity suffers.  If war starts in the fall of 2020, it could help him.