Titans Sign TE / H-Back Ryan Hewitt

tgo

On 6/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, Nash said:

Since the Pats traded for a TE today, I wonder if there was any pressure to complete this deal??

Not so fast...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26975498/roberts-waived-lions-pats-trade-rescinded

One day after trading third-year tight end Michael Roberts to the New England Patriots for a conditional 2020 seventh-round pick, the Detroit Lionsannounced Friday that the deal was rescinded because conditions weren't met. The Lions then waived Roberts, per the club.

Roberts didn't pass his physical with the Patriots, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:52 PM, titanruss said:

Wow that is a retarded move by a league bubble guy.

Jonnu Misdiagnosis? Cartilage issue?

I keep saying that you couldn’t watch that injury happen on tv, then believe that it was just a simple MCL issue. 

Edited by japan

On 6/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, Nash said:

Apparently Pruitt is really out of shape.. and it’s hard to figure why Smith has not practiced. .. the reported injury ( grade 3 MCL) should require 3 months to recover .. it’s been 6-7 months .. 

We were discussing this the other day. There was an article that in error called it an ACL. But the Titans are so paranoid with their injuries that I almost wouldn’t be surprised if they got caught by the league lying about an injury. It’s a bit weird.

If MyCole Pruitt really showed up that out of shape he’s an asshole. He played well the last 6 games last year & basically had the 3rd TE spot locked down. Now he gets fat & we sign this guy, who definitely will not play as good as Pruitt did last year.

18 minutes ago, Face said:

If MyCole Pruitt really showed up that out of shape he’s an asshole. He played well the last 6 games last year & basically had the 3rd TE spot locked down. Now he gets fat & we sign this guy, who definitely will not play as good as Pruitt did last year.

Where is the source sayings he’s fat and out of shape 

10 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I’m just going by what everybody else is saying. I also read that he was “laboring” on the 1st day.

11 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Haven't seen anyone report he is fat and out of shape, have been many reports that he has been struggling during the offseason program, plenty of miscommunications with both Mariota and Tannehill, also been dropping quite a few balls, there was also a report early in the offseason about him looking sluggish/slow/lethargic compared to the rest of the first team offense.

21 hours ago, Face said:

I’m just going by what everybody else is saying. I also read that he was “laboring” on the 1st day.

Yeah I did see a report about him “lumbering.” But he’s a big guy as it is. 

Edited by tgo

On 6/15/2019 at 9:09 PM, japan said:

I keep saying that you couldn’t watch that injury happen on tv, then believe that it was just a simple MCL issue. 

yeah it looked worse. 

On 6/15/2019 at 10:55 PM, BudAdams said:

Hard to believe Vrabel & Smith would be giving significant reps to a player out of shape.  Doesn't seem likely to me. 

So he just got dumber?

11 hours ago, titanruss said:

So he just got dumber?

Nope.  If he was so out of shape, it would have been reported (it has not been) and I don’t believe he’d be seeing significant reps with the first team in such a scenario IMO.

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Nope.  If he was so out of shape, it would have been reported (it has not been) and I don’t believe he’d be seeing significant reps with the first team in such a scenario IMO.

thats what i mean. its not physical... so it must be mental. 

Because there one pass that bounced off his hands and was intercepted in the 5/30 OTA? In the same practice, Mariota's best throw per Davenport was to Pruitt.  Last Tuesday, Butler dropped an INT covering Pruitt but I didn't see any report blaming the receiver?

I've seen more mentions of Pruitt in the OTA/minicamp reports as catching a TD in red zone drills than the one negative play. 

It seems overblown to me that Pruitt has been horrible.  I'm not saying he's Delanie Walker but you figure he and Firkser have shots to make the team.

Edited by BudAdams