Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Titans To Officially Retire #9 and #27

I’ll be that guy — I’m a little surprised, honestly. Hall of very good worthy, for sure. but I didn’t think either were pinnacle players long enough, or attained fame that was bigger than the game. That said, good on the Titans for honoring their foundational players who were instrumental in establishing their Nashville identity. 

Excellent!  Steve and Eddie were the Titans most visible players when the team went to the SB.  The next year, they were leaders of hands down the best team in the NFL.  They only lost two games that year.  The GD Ravens.  I remember sitting in the stadium the first Ravens loss and they played that song, the one they used to play when we lost at Vanderbilt.  They had completed a full season without a home loss.  Then again in that playoff game right in front of my seats, I can still see the kicks hit the goal posts.  

Still, for the Titans it has to be those two.  EDDIE!!  EDDIE!!  EDDIE!!  We haven't had a hero since that the fans anointed.

ps.  I know Oilerman didn't like him.

Fucking Del Greco.  Ugh.  I've never seen a kicker single handedly swing a game like that.  He should have been cut in season honestly.

Eddie was never the same after the toe injury.  Of course, the decline coincided with the huge contract extension. 

21 minutes ago, NFLStudent said:

How good was Steve McNair?

The Titans are still looking for his replacement.

Of course #9 should be retired.

And he was even better than that.  He managed to win in spite of Jeff Fisher.  There are several QB’s who cannot make that claim.  Seriously, Jeff Fisher costs this team 2 championships.

Edited by Righteous