Bernard Pollard weighs in on the QB situation

BudsOilers

6 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Mariota still has a losing record as a starter at 27-28. He also has 3 fewer wins than Vince Young did as a Titan despite having 8 more games started. 

No doubt Mariota has underperformed expectations but VY's team was way better. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans just made Pollard look pretty stupid. He’s just got a grudge against the team he quit on because they wouldn’t pay his old washed up ass.         

Thats the entire point; of course I wouldn't expect you to get it. What he does in OTAs and preseason is irrelevant. It's how he performs on the field. If he plays well this year and stays healthy he'

whoosh. your ability to miss the forest for the trees is staggering. Insert any good QB into the equation and it's the same. When you are a good QB a bad practice or errant throw doesn't matter. When

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

No doubt Mariota has underperformed expectations but VY's team was way better. 

Just putting the stats out there. The ppl can take whatever they want from it lol 

50 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

Just putting the stats out there. The ppl can take whatever they want from it lol 

VY took the Titans from 0-6 to 6-6 and had the football world talking about how the Titans could go to the playoffs.  Then Jeff put brain dead power in Vince's Coco Puffs.  After that Vince couldn't even read the dummy playbook anymore.  Sad story...

Pollard was on Kukarsk'y podcast and they talked about MM. Nothing new really. Pollard said he's going into year 5 and he has issues with placement and balls sailing because that's who he is. Said he wouldn't be surprised to see Tannehill start at some point and he was the better pure passer. 

Pointless interview.  Yeah, he sails some passes.  He clearly thinks Tannehill is better.  How?  From a defender who has watched a lot of film over the years, it would be nice to know his honest assessment and comparison of those two and why Tanne hill could be more successful 

Then he proceeds to say we've made safe draft picks and failed to make a statement that we want to compete, when we took an injured player in the first because of his perceived upside and traded up twice in the previous year , which isn't exactly playing it safe.  Seems like a useless ESPN round table guy to me

On 6/14/2019 at 10:27 PM, GOAT9 said:

Mariota still has a losing record as a starter at 27-28. He also has 3 fewer wins than Vince Young did as a Titan despite having 8 more games started. 

Even though I don't agree with them I am just excited that there is part of an NFL fanbase that gets excited and fights to keep a sub .500 QB!

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, JCBRAVE said:

That was true til this year 

Roster is loaded 

Should be good times 

Those teams, the coaches, and the franchise then was infinitely more stable too. 

20 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Fisher’s whole schtick was that he had a job for how many undeserved years? Stable doesn’t mean better

Thoughts on Vrabels stache?

Does it make you worry about a 8-8 season?

Just cant help but think of Fisher when I see Vrabel these days 

5 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Fisher’s whole schtick was that he had a job for how many undeserved years? Stable doesn’t mean better

it does for the QB. 

i didnt like fisher btw.. but he had stabitlity he brought... and identity... and kept a carousel of OCs from happening. It woulda been Dinger for 11-12 straight years if he couldve helped it. 

I was in LV, I usually bet the Titans win total.  Easy money because the Titans tend to be underrated.  This year the number is 8 wins.  I couldn't pull the trigger.  

By the time the season starts, I'll be talking about how the Titans will beat Cleveland.  But really, it's an away game and they have a good young team that's hungry.  They have beat everybody in the East, no way in hell they won't fight like crazy to beat the Titans.

Then @ALT, LAC,@CAR,KC,NO + IND&HOU 2 each.  We are going to catch hell @OAK.  

But, end of August is when I drink the kool-aid.  Things will look a lot better.