Bernard Pollard weighs in on the QB situation

BudsOilers

36 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

He may be.

But Brady developed along with Belichick's system, of that there is no dispute.

No one has ever seen Brady play outside of it.  But Belichick still wins plenty of games with his choice of 2nd stringers behind center.

He may have only played for one team but that offense even with the same oc for most of it has changed multiple times. Without diving into specifics there was the run first manage the game offense to start. Then 07-10 they let him rip it. Then there is the modern spread it outand check down with designated deep shots that he runa now. If he was a system qb he would have only had succeed cin one of them.

Spread qbs who can't figure out a nfl offense are system qbs. Hell even Mariota isn't that. He was able to run the robinski retard offense to some degree with success.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans just made Pollard look pretty stupid. He’s just got a grudge against the team he quit on because they wouldn’t pay his old washed up ass.         

Thats the entire point; of course I wouldn't expect you to get it. What he does in OTAs and preseason is irrelevant. It's how he performs on the field. If he plays well this year and stays healthy he'

whoosh. your ability to miss the forest for the trees is staggering. Insert any good QB into the equation and it's the same. When you are a good QB a bad practice or errant throw doesn't matter. When

12 minutes ago, Callidus said:

He may have only played for one team but that offense even with the same oc for most of it has changed multiple times. Without diving into specifics there was the run first manage the game offense to start. Then 07-10 they let him rip it. Then there is the modern spread it outand check down with designated deep shots that he runa now. If he was a system qb he would have only had succeed cin one of them.

Spread qbs who can't figure out a nfl offense are system qbs. Hell even Mariota isn't that. He was able to run the robinski retard offense to some degree with success.

Nobody is saying Brady is Goff by any means.

And I'm sure Brady's abilities have allowed various systems the Pats have run to succeed. 

But he's never been thrown to the wolves in a radical coaching change. 

Then, consider that Vrabel knew exactly how to disrupt that system and Brady last year, even though he hadn't played for Belichick in 10 years.

Given Brady's age, we'll never know just how dependent he is on Belichick and his game planning because he'll never play for anyone else at this point.

41 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You really need help with that?

What would mentioning Envy have to do with me constantly floating around your frontal lobes?

Idk what would me floating around in the back of your throat have to do with Abraham Lincoln?

31 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Nobody is saying Brady is Goff by any means.

And I'm sure Brady's abilities have allowed various systems the Pats have run to succeed. 

But he's never been thrown to the wolves in a radical coaching change. 

Then, consider that Vrabel knew exactly how to disrupt that system and Brady last year, even though he hadn't played for Belichick in 10 years.

Given Brady's age, we'll never know just how dependent he is on Belichick and his game planning because he'll never play for anyone else at this point.

As much as I loved that game saying Vrabel knew exactly how to make Brady worthless is premature. It was one game. It is same as how people were crowning Mariota arfter he made the bucs his bitch.

23 minutes ago, Callidus said:

As much as I loved that game saying Vrabel knew exactly how to make Brady worthless is premature. It was one game. It is same as how people were crowning Mariota arfter he made the bucs his bitch.

I didn't say he made Brady worthless, I said he (and Pees) knew how to disrupt key elements of that offense.

And that much was evident.  Especially when Belichick sat Brady long before the game's end.

Brady was barely over a 50% completion rate, and yet he threw the ball over 40 times.

It's Belichick's team and his game plans and his players.  Vrabel knew how to get where he wanted to go against it because he probably understands it almost as well as TB.

Will it ever happen again?  I dunno.  But I'd be willing to wager it will.

As far as Brady vs. Manning for best QB of all time almost all will say Brady.

However looking back it seemed like Manning was better than Brady but during the postseason Manning endured some bad breaks.

1 hour ago, MIKE75 said:

However looking back it seemed like Manning was better than Brady but during the postseason Manning endured some bad breaks.

I get the criteria Pollard used as Manning really was a throwback to when the QB was the OC calling the plays and no question he was really smart whereas Brady has benefited from arguably the best coach of all time.  Still, Manning IMO cannot be #1 over Brady or Montana among maybe a couple of others because of the post season, which is where the greats are differentiated.

If you dive into Manning's playoff results, he regresses in every meaningful metric - team winning %, TD%, INT%, YPA, Passer Rating, Points scored - to go from great to OK.  And that's with him having a handful of monster games in the wild card/divisional round.  Also, he played a secondary role on both SB championship teams.  The year the Colts won, he had 3 TD and 7 INT in the playoffs.

Bad breaks in the post season means bad defense.

Brady plays with one of the best defensive coaches of all time, and has been bailed out time and again.

Manning was somewhat responsible for his lopsided teams, but when he had a defense he won championships.

6 hours ago, BudAdams said:

I get the criteria Pollard used as Manning really was a throwback to when the QB was the OC calling the plays and no question he was really smart whereas Brady has benefited from arguably the best coach of all time.  Still, Manning IMO cannot be #1 over Brady or Montana among maybe a couple of others because of the post season, which is where the greats are differentiated.

If you dive into Manning's playoff results, he regresses in every meaningful metric - team winning %, TD%, INT%, YPA, Passer Rating, Points scored - to go from great to OK.  And that's with him having a handful of monster games in the wild card/divisional round.  Also, he played a secondary role on both SB championship teams.  The year the Colts won, he had 3 TD and 7 INT in the playoffs.

Still, Manning was scary good in the regular season. Best regular season QB ever. 

11 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

Brady had the coach and system and the franchise. 

Manning had himself. 

Not sure if manning and Billicheat wouldve worked well together though. Brady knows Bill made him. 

It's absolutely gobsmacking to me that some NFL fans STILL believe that Brady is a system QB, and only that.  Do you dipshits not realize that Belicheck had no NFL success UNTIL he had Brady and then DESIGNED the offense tailored to Brady?  FFS, you're arguing a chicken-and-the-egg scenario.

And, if we're keeping score, Brady stepped in for Bledsoe midseason and carried the Pats to the playoffs AND Super Bowl without Belicheck and co. ever intending to play him.  No system there.

As for Manning, flat-track bully during the regular season, almost always exposed during playoffs.  Two exceptions where he had a good/great defense behind him.  He shouldn't even be in the conversation for best QB all-time.

Colts racked up a lotta wins, but not nearly as much glory.  Although it obviously still trumps the Titans.  Probably better to have "What ifs...?" than, "Another year gone by...", but, still, to be a Colts fan...yuck...

1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

But then they had to go play the Pats... 

Then the Pats played Marcus last year. Boom Marcus is the greatest thing ever made confirmed.