BeedoeLaw

Great Article On Where Vrabel And Pees Seem To Be Going With The Defense

6 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

This article mentions the ravens being the best at employing this style of defense. It sure gave our offense fits last year.

That was my first thought as well. Since the defense is based off of studying the offensive tendencies of the opponent when being blitzed, I wonder if we will start to see offenses counter it by altering their pass protections when they play so that the defense is focusing on the wrong spot. 

Soxcat   

Wow, something new.  They could call it a zone blitz.  I have seen where this can backfire when you have a DL guy trying to cover someone.  The key is to get pressure.  The Cardinals got burned by the Steelers dropping a normal rusher in the SB.  It does work if you fool the QB. 

Number9   

Good article.  I'm looking forward to see how we do with the new pieces.  He mentions the Ravens, so I looked at their stats.  Not bad.  The Bears though, 50 sacks and 27 interceptions.  It's not like their offense is scoring so fast the other teams gets a lot of possessions.  What are they running?

JCBRAVE   

Last year this made sense for us to use as our OLB pass rush was terrible. This year though I'd rather keep Wake/Landry in rushing situations vs dropping back. 

Then again our ILBs are our best pass rushers so we probably see a lot more of this going forward.

Edited by JCBRAVE

3 hours ago, JCBRAVE said:

Last year this made sense for us to use as our OLB pass rush was terrible. This year though I'd rather keep Wake/Landry in rushing situations vs dropping back. 

Then again our ILBs are our best pass rushers so we probably see a lot more if this going forward.

What’re you doing here

JCBRAVE   
1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

He got banned from GT 

It takes a lot to get banned there

And like most things you would be wrong about that 

9 minutes ago, JCBRAVE said:

It takes a lot to get banned there

And like most things you would be wrong about that 

If you’re talking about GoT, then that’s a load of horse shit. 

They have ave an itchy trigger finger when it comes to the ban hammer. 

21 hours ago, big2033 said:

With the growth of our draft picks this defense could be truly elite.

I am super excited to watch our defense this year. I think they are a top five unit with the capability of being a top three.