Sign in to follow this  
BeedoeLaw

How Does Chicago Get To Wear Different Helmet Decals?

Who is restricted from doing so? Doesn't PHI when they wear those ridiculous yellow and blue unis? 

Dallas wears the classic white and blue star on Thanksgiving.

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Who is restricted from doing so? Doesn't PHI when they wear those ridiculous yellow and blue unis? 

Dallas wears the classic white and blue star on Thanksgiving.

That is supposedly the reason we will not wear the Oilers throwback. Maybe you can change the decal, but not the entire helmet color. Seems trivial to to me. The change in decal makes it look like an entirely different helmet. 

Edited by BeedoeLaw

Packers have worn a brown color helmet reminiscent of the very old school helmets, when they wore their classics.

I think there is no Oilers because the team doesn't want it.

This ‘can’t change the helmet’ color started about the time the concussion coverage ramped up.  I always thought it was a Goodell tantrum.  The reasoning was ridiculous about guys being put in danger with different helmets.  Glad to see this is finally going away and that teams will be able to go back to the days where the throwback uniforms can look like the actual throwback uniforms.

Edited by japan

20 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

That is supposedly the reason we will not wear the Oilers throwback. Maybe you can change the decal, but not the entire helmet color. Seems trivial to to me. The change in decal makes it look like an entirely different helmet. 

Weren't we wearing those when the Patriots humiliated us in the Foxboro snow about 45-0?