Sign in to follow this  
9 Nines

Good Omens - Amazon

9 Nines   

I thought it was going to be silly but it is a near perfect production. Dialog is great, acting is top notch. Story is fun without being silly.  Also, unlike most shows, it has high re-watch value to pick up on things missed in all the banter between characters.  

Edited by 9 Nines

patsplat   

He had heard about talking to plants in the early seventies, on Radio Four, and thought it was an excellent idea. Although talking is perhaps the wrong word for what Crowley did.

What he did was put the fear of God into them.

More precisely, the fear of Crowley.

In addition to which, every couple of months Crowley would pick out a plant that was growing too slowly, or succumbing to leaf-wilt or browning, or just didn't look quite as good as the others, and he would carry it around to all the other plants. "Say goodbye to your friend," he'd say to them. "He just couldn't cut it. . . "
Then he would leave the flat with the offending plant, and return an hour or so later with a large, empty flower pot, which he would leave somewhere conspicuously around the flat.

The plants were the most luxurious, verdant, and beautiful in London. Also the most terrified.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:21 PM, ChemEngr79 said:

An excellent series. At least a 9/10... 

Is it really that good? I watched the first episode and wasn't overly impressed, but the casting is excellent.

I still intend to go back and finish it, but there's so much other stuff coming out lately. I would highly recommend The Boys, good stuff. :91_thumbsup:

Edited by Oiler FANatic