Eagles give Carson Wentz a 4yr contract extension

considering that Mariota is the starter I think he has a better chance to have a big year.  Tannehill is the back-up and unless the organization is lying by saying they are behind Mariota (which who knows...maybe they are but I'm gonna assume not) Mariota is going to get a good crack at leading this team.

For that reason I think that Tannehill is just sitting back hoping to get a chance to prove himself.

I'm not disputing the talent level between the two QBs but Mariota situation is in a much more favorable than Tannehills.

An early injury to Mariota is Tannehills only chance to actually earn a Tag of some sort and still very un-likely so then he's a FA...so odds of re-signing him go down of course.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So does Blake Bortles.

That's what you do when you have a franchise QB.  I wonder when Mariota's deal will happen....

Nah you're missing the message completely. Not surprising.

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Huston said:

I think what they Titans decide to do with Henry isn't getting nearly enough run in here. With all the additions I could see both having good seasons and I find it hard to believe they bring both back with new contracts. I think if Marcus isn't resigned then its a good chance Henry stays to help the transition of a new QB.

I was going to post this, with how Henry looked to end last year & all the talk about him being the centerpiece of the offense, are they willing to pay the price of the guy explodes this year? We’re going to have a RB & FS, two positions where most teams don’t allot much money, looking at FA & getting PAID.

It would kill me but I wouldn’t be shocked if they let Byard walk. I understand he’s one of the rare single high FS but based on the deals the safeties got this year I don’t know if they’ll make that commitment. And this past FA just blew up the franchise tag.

37 minutes ago, Face said:

It would kill me but I wouldn’t be shocked if they let Byard walk. I understand he’s one of the rare single high FS but based on the deals the safeties got this year I don’t know if they’ll make that commitment. And this past FA just blew up the franchise tag.

No.  FS are harder to find than a star RB.  Byard over Henry every time.  I expect them to sign Byard before the season begins anyway.