Good luck on your commute to and from work

15 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Time to ban cars.

See, things like this make you look really stupid.

I'm not meaning this to be an insult, but objectively speaking this is the kind of logic a middle schooler should already have moved beyond. 

Are you incapable of applying common sense or practical knowledge to your thinking? 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be crazy to think this, but I would say I think cars provide a lot more value in everyday life than guns.

i look forward to the day that all interstate / bridge / tunnell traffic is automated.     

Posted Images

19 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I only forgive Benji for quoting the idiot. He hasn’t been around lately. He knows, but he gets a couple jabs. The rest of you stop. 

Sorry, I had been drinking and felt like jabbing a human punching bag.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:00 PM, smokeater said:

I've always said if the aliens ever come down and see how we travel around the earth they would say, "You stupid motherfuckers drive around at 70 mph in those tin cans and just let any idiot alive be at the controls?"  Way too many unstable people out there these days.

The sooner all cars are self-driving, the better off we'll be. We should make significant progress with this over the next 20 years.

25 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

No.

Just Oh Fucking Hell NO!

There’s gotta be a way to allow people who know how to drive to continue to be able to do so and I would normally 100% agree with you. However, in my job as a ladder truckie In the big city, I’ve had to cut way too many dead people out of vehicles.  There are way way too many people under the influence of everything under the sun driving a vehicle at high speeds and there are way way too many unstable people in the world now.

It would be extremely helpful to get the keys out of those peoples hands somehow. Too many innocent people die at their hands every fucking day. 

13 minutes ago, smokeater said:

There’s gotta be a way to allow people who know how to drive to continue to be able to do so and I would normally 100% agree with you. However, in my job as a ladder truckie In the big city, I’ve had to cut way too many dead people out of vehicles.  There are way way too many people under the influence of everything under the sun driving a vehicle at high speeds and there are way way too many unstable people in the world now.

It would be extremely helpful to get the keys out of those peoples hands somehow. Too many innocent people die at their hands every fucking day. 

Good luck.  There's no guarantee that an automated car will prevent that.

And the day that is doesn't, $10Million worth of lawyers will show up in court to make sure the automation company isn't held responsible for the next dead body you cut out of their car.

But that body will be just as dead.

You will never convince me that absolving people of their responsibility, in that scenario, is the right thing to do.

Too many people walk out of court free after their 2nd, or 3rd, or 5th, or 7th DUI conviction, or reckless driving ticket, "every fucking day."

We know how to curtail these problems, but it's easier to sacrifice everyone else's freedom than it is to generate the political will to do the right thing to the perpetrators.

And we see it every fucking day.