Most Improved AFC South team this off season

I would say we had the best additions. We also didn’t lose much in FA

I don’t think a single position group is worse than last year. DL is probably the only one that is not better and that’s because Simmons return in 2019 is a question mark.

I dont think the other teams did much this offseason. 

2 hours ago, prometheus said:

I'd say:

Colts

Titans

Texans

Jags

Interesting people think the Colts, but as far as I can tell, their only FA acquisitions of note are Houston and Funchess, their draft was ok, 3 second rounders, Rock Ya-Sin (CB) and Paris Campbell (WR)  I thought were ok picks. More picks than us. 

Edited by Tex in a Can

1 minute ago, Tex in a Can said:

Interesting people think the Colts, but as far as I can tell, their only FA acquisitions of note are Houston and Funchess, their draft was ok, 3 second rounders, Rock Ya-Sin (CB) and Paris Campbell (WR)  were good value. More picks than us. 

Houston is just a name. His play has fallen off big time due to injuries. If he plays like he did when he got his big contract then I’d say colts. 

8 hours ago, Tex in a Can said:

Don't see as the Colts did much in free agency, they had a solid draft.

They added Houston. That's addressing probably their biggest issue. They are still the best team in the division. I hate to say that. I like the division better when its the Jags and Titans fighting for it but the Colts own it right now. 

Edited by GOAT9

11 hours ago, Tex in a Can said:

Interesting people think the Colts, but as far as I can tell, their only FA acquisitions of note are Houston and Funchess, their draft was ok, 3 second rounders, Rock Ya-Sin (CB) and Paris Campbell (WR)  I thought were ok picks. More picks than us. 

They were home run picks in round two. 

Hilton and Funchess out side and Campbell in slot. Ebron at TE. Plus a dominate OL and Mack one of if not the most underrated RB in football are their starters. 

Their offense will will be even better. 

ya-Sin was a great pick in round 2 and fits a man scheme, zone 3 and Tampa 2 scheme. He will be lockdown. 

Indy is a darkhourss for knocking off KC

1 hour ago, Kyle021 said:

Hilton and Funchess out side and Campbell in slot. Ebron at TE. Plus a dominate OL and Mack one of if not the most underrated RB in football are their starters. 

ya-Sin was a great pick in round 2 and fits a man scheme, zone 3 and Tampa 2 scheme. He will be lockdown. 

totally agree the colts are the team to beat in the division. The question was who improved the most in the off season. You could be most improved but still finish last. 

On 6/4/2019 at 12:43 PM, freakingeek said:

I think Robinson did an excellent job strengthing our weaknesses. Better than anyone else in the division. How that factors in regarding how many wins losses should be another thread.

I thought we hand an excellent draft and we picked up some really solid FA/trades that strengthened the roster.  If somebody else did that as well, good for them.  But you can't do better than excellent.  Who has the better team now is a different question.  Our first pick can't even play.

9 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Our QB wouldn't be good in that offense.  Luck would dominate in ours.  There is really nothing impressive about that other than the fact that they will be surround Luck who will elevate all of their games to 11.  

Edited by abc2330

1 minute ago, abc2330 said:

Our QB wouldn't be good in that offense.  Luck would dominate in ours.

I was talking about their offense and their QB. So not sure where you’re going with this. 

4 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

I was talking about their offense and their QB. So not sure where you’re going with this. 

Well that's a given.  Luck paired with the worst supporting cast in the league has a very good chance of running a better offense than Mariota with the best supporting cast in the league.

13 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

I think we drafted some good players but I also think we wont see those picks pay off until next year when they are healthy and developed. 

For sure it's a hypothetical, you don't know how your FA acquisitions will play out either, there's often a reason another team let them walk. I hear a lot of chatter that Indy hit a home run with all 3 of their second rounders, we'll see.

44 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

For sure it's a hypothetical, you don't know how your FA acquisitions will play out either, there's often a reason another team let them walk. I hear a lot of chatter that Indy hit a home run with all 3 of their second rounders, we'll see.

A person can predict that a signing or pick will contribute early or later. We signed Wake. Im sure that will be an immediate improvement to Orakpo. I think Simmons is not an immediate improvement. I think the Colts are more improved for this season.