Jonboy

Compton and Lewan Interview Arthur Smith

japan   
40 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The first one did imo, They got better, still too much side tracking

BTW, Japan, didn't you know the rubes would turn on and blame LaFluer!

Yeah. Silly.  He sucked so bad he got his dream job!

japan   
3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Anyone thinking Vrabel isn't running a run 1st offense is going to be disappointed, Kuharsky pointed out again yesterday. 

It was obvious as the season went on LaFleur realized Mariota was limited and the offense had to be scaled down. 

Pick up Derrick Henry in your FF league!

Which Derrick Henry will we get? Gotta figure in contract year we’ll see the Eddie George influenced one. 

54 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Nobody turned on lafleur. 

He did all he could after the the disaster of a first game and nobody able to block. 

Mythos27   
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Blaming Lafluer is stupid. He did the best he could with the shit-sandwich OL he was given and helped make them functional by year's end. I'm sure he made his share of mistakes as a play-caller but that's to be expected given it was his first season doing it. I don't even blaming him for forcing Dion Lewis as long as he did, even I was having trouble believing he was playing that badly and thought he'd eventually figure it out.

Edited by Mythos27

BudAdams   

Tracis Haney just had an article the other day saying Vrabel was planning on bringing the entire staff back before LaFleur got the GB gig.

Also watched the podcast 18 minute version and I didn’t come away with a bunch of MLF hate.  

japan   
1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Tracis Haney just had an article the other day saying Vrabel was planning on bringing the entire staff back before LaFleur got the GB gig.

Also watched the podcast 18 minute version and I didn’t come away with a bunch of MLF hate.  

Did people really think Vrabel was going to get rid of Lafleur?

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Whats your point? They weren't going to replace LaFleur after 1 season even if the job he did was lackluster. 

23 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The idea that Vrabel and LaFleur were not aligned is overblown.  

I agree with that however it doesn't mean Lafleur did an awesome job and was simply constrained by Mariota last year like you are insinuating. 

tgo   
1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I'd like to see Vrabel back the fuck off the offense. He meddled too much last year. Also if he's truly married to a run first offense at all costs  he won't be long for the job. It's very hard to win that way with the way the rules are set up.

It's the only way to win without a top flight QB though. 

tgo   
27 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The idea that Vrabel and LaFleur were not aligned is overblown.  

I don't know that anyone is saying there was some huge rift - but I think there was some conflict behind the scenes. I bet most OCs would have that issue with Vrabel though, especially ones ingrained in their systems. 

tgo   
39 minutes ago, japan said:

Did people really think Vrabel was going to get rid of Lafleur?

I don't think very many people thought that. 

BudAdams   
36 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I agree with that however it doesn't mean Lafleur did an awesome job and was simply constrained by Mariota last year like you are insinuating. 

I’ never claimed he did a great job.  I do think he adjusted well to play to what they could do well.