Compton and Lewan Interview Arthur Smith

Jonboy

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most telling thing about this interview to me is Smith's trepidation and hesitation when asked about how much he learned from LaFleur. He started talking about how LaFleur has been in the same sys

Lol here is a great quote from Smith, talking about coaches that don't "understand or remember what plays look like through a facemask":    "Some coaches are so hard headed and fixed. One th

This podcast is already pretty amazing. Compton and Lewan are great at this. I'm actually surprised the Titans PR department is even allowing it, tbh.     

Posted Images

4 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I’m sorry dude, but this is a cop out. If you believe so strongly against Mariota, you should just take the bet. 

I’m sorry too, I’ll take whatever bets I choose and don’t give two shits about anyone’s opinion on it

28 minutes ago, Huston said:

If it was just that then Marcus wouldn't be made part of every discussion.

And the apologists do this just as much the “haters” do.  The QB situation is going dominate discussions because it’s the most critical position in the sport and it’s been a sore spot in terms of production for two years plus.

Some other points:

The Titans are 2-2 in the last 3 years when the backup starts and plays the whole game.  Not a horrid drop off frothier overall record as you saw in Indy, Green Bay, Houston, San Francisco.

The maligned running game in 2017 and 2018 were middle of the pack production abs efficiency wise.  Not so much for the passing game.

Nobody hates Mariota.  It’s the emotional fans all invested in the latest face of the franchise that get irate when the ugly truth is stated.  There’s no rational way anyone at this point can say he’s lived up to expectations.  If he was the goods, they wouldn’t be relying on RPO’s and run first.  Instead it would be built around him.  They also wouldn’t trade for a backup to “push” him.  They also would be talking long term contract instead  of being non committed to either guy beyond 2019.

14 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If the offense struggles and it becomes obvious they won’t be keeping MM(both entirely possible)then There is no reason his job security is safe 

I wonder what Jrob and Vrabel want to see out of Mariota to extend him. There are zero talks of an extension so there really has to be something they need to see. I think health is the biggest thing. If he can show he can stay healthy for 16 games, we might be willing to extend him. Naturally I would assume his numbers would improve if he were playing healthy. They might need to see him do it for this year and next year on the franchise tag. It’s really all a giant question mark. 

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Stating actual stats and real issues with his play, verified by game film,  NFL analysts, his own coaches, and even himself is not attacking.  That’s part of the problem with some people here.

That’s a fair point. 

Although, I do think pushing the anti Mariota agenda is attacking at this point. And that’s part of the problem with the forums right now. There are maybe three main threads now that haven’t been derailed by Mariota talk. 

Its almost to the point of the board being boring as fuck. 

1 hour ago, Huston said:

So would I lol that wasnt the arguement.

The discussion was whether or not he would lose his job this year. That’s how I think he could lose his job. If he plays like he has and we are .500 or better I don’t see Tannehill taking him out. 

It would be interesting to see what happens if Mariota gets hurt and Tannehill plays well. 

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

If it was some ridiculously one sided terms I might be willing to think about it but I just don't care enough about it. Mariota and Tannehill are fringe starters and both are likely to start games this season and neither are signed beyond this season. Could Tannehill get a shot to take the job, sure. Could Tannehill not play well enough to keep the job? sure. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I’m sorry too, I’ll take whatever bets I choose and don’t give two shits about anyone’s opinion on it

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

The discussion was whether or not he would lose his job this year. That’s how I think he could lose his job. If he plays like he has and we are .500 or better I don’t see Tannehill taking him out. 

It would be interesting to see what happens if Mariota gets hurt and Tannehill plays well. 

No the discussion was about OM saying he expected him to lose his job this year.

11 minutes ago, Huston said:

No the discussion was about OM saying he expected him to lose his job this year.

Me: the discussion was about whether or not he would lose his job this year 

you: no the discussion was about OM saying he expected him to lose his job this year.

so the discussion was about Mariota losing his job right?.......

Edited by CaliTitan3518