Kyle021

One reason Adam Humphries signed withTitans over Patriots due to Brady’s age

BudAdams   
19 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

This ranks with Mike75 arguing with Chiefs fans DURING late 2018 about Mariota being better than Mahomes .   It's laughable and so was that and saying so isn't HATE on Mariota.

Nashville is a lot cheaper and a better quality of life than Boston is.  Especially for a kid from the South. 

Stan   

What an idiot if true. Brady hasn’t slowed down nor shown signs of it. I’d go there over anybody he would have made him a 1500 yard 100 catch type of wideout. He’ll be lucky to crack 800 yards here I guarantee you that. What an idiot. Man

Kyle021   

Maybe he knows something about Brady we don’t. 

Maybe he was told Brady will retire after this year and was told Mariota is the long term answer and all he needs is steady weapons like himself so he opted to go with Tennessee

8MM   

Too many maybe's, too many speculations.  What he said could've been taken out of context.

One thing you can count on is that I highly doubt he came here b/c of Marcus and this passing game.  More likely b/c of JRob.

BudAdams   
16 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Maybe he knows something about Brady we don’t. 

Maybe he was told Brady will retire after this year and was told Mariota is the long term answer and all he needs is steady weapons like himself so he opted to go with Tennessee

Makes total sense.  Certainly Belichick is courting FA's telling them Brady's done in a year.  I totally see JR telling prospective FA's that Mariota is the long term answer while they let said long term answer play out his 5th year option with ZERO discussions about a long term extension.  :34_rolling_eyes: 

Maybe you just want this to be the case. 

Or perhaps it's exactly what Humphries said back in March...

At the beginning, his agent heard from the Titans, among others. He ultimately picked Tennessee and agreed to a deal. Humphries considered a number of factors before making a decision, he said on Thursday.

Humphries felt a comfort level with the team, and he remembers hearing stories about Titans General Manager Jon Robinson “standing on the table for me” while the two were with the Buccaneers – Robinson in the front office, and Humphries an undrafted free agent at the time, in 2015.  But even after he’d made his commitment, the overtures – and offers – didn’t stop. The defending Super Bowl champions, the New England Patriots, wanted him.

Humphries proved to be a man of his word.  “I was weighing the options between both teams, and obviously they have a lot of success with guys similar to me,” Humphries said. “When I committed to Tennessee, obviously I am a man of my word, and I am going to keep my word there. It is tough, and it is a big decision, and it is a decision that will impact me for the rest of my life. “I took a lot of thought into that, and having family around me was good. But once I committed to Tennessee I was really excited to be a Titan, and I still am.”

Edited by BudAdams

10 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Makes total sense.  Certainly Belichick is courting FA's telling them Brady's done in a year.  I totally see JR telling prospective FA's that Mariota is the long term answer while they let said long term answer play out his 5th year option with ZERO discussions about a long term extension.  :34_rolling_eyes: 

Maybe you just want this to be the case. 

Or perhaps it's exactly what Humphries said back in March...

Have you met kyle?

OILERMAN   

Serious question

More likely to be the starter of their current team next year Brady or Mariota? 

Brady without question. 

It's not that out of the question Mariota doesn't keep the starting job all of this season 

Number9   
9 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Mariota > Brady confirmed

You got to quit chasing your meth w/rubbing alcohol.

54 minutes ago, Stan said:

What an idiot if true. Brady hasn’t slowed down nor shown signs of it. I’d go there over anybody he would have made him a 1500 yard 100 catch type of wideout. He’ll be lucky to crack 800 yards here I guarantee you that. What an idiot. Man

Lol

Titans fans are the hipsterest damn football fans in the whole league when it comes to rooting for their own team. I guarantee you THAT.

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Lol

Titans fans are the hipsterest damn football fans in the whole league when it comes to rooting for their own team. I guarantee you THAT.

Not really.  Everyone in the NFL knows how afwul our passing attack is, it doesn't take some "hipster" who's trying to berate his own team to see that

BudAdams   

Acknowledging that Tom Brady is much better than Marcus Mariota is not some shot against Titan fandom.

Bellichick is a better coach than anyone the Titans or Oilers ever had.

NE is the gold standard for sustainable  excellence in a league designed to prevent that.

tgo   
2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Acknowledging that Tom Brady is much better than Marcus Mariota is not some shot against Titan fandom.

Bellichick is a better coach than anyone the Titans or Oilers ever had.

NE is the gold standard for sustainable  excellence in a league designed to prevent that.

Well yeah, Belichick is the best coach in NFL history.