One reason Adam Humphries signed withTitans over Patriots due to Brady’s age

kyle021

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/03/adam-humphries-many-considerations-in-free-agency-included-bradys-age/

interesting. He has more faith in a mariota or an unknown QB over playing with Brady and more money...

FO told him some things. 

If MM doesn’t succeed they will likely make a huge trade for QB and if he does succeed they will sign him. Maybe JR has more faith  in MM we think

Edited by Kyle021

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why shouldn't he say it? Because it might hurt some Pastry fans? Because some will want to make a media stink about it? Fuck that. So what?   People are too god damn precious about Tom Brady

Word is Humphries is a big Tannehill fan!

Mariota > Brady confirmed

The actual article went into other things, like the Robinson connection from his TB days and the fact that he verbally agreed to the Titans before NE jumped in. 

I wouldn't say his decision was some referendum on the QB situation.

28 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Article mentions nothing of that. Others do.

this article talks about Brady’s age being a major decision in his four year deal

Either you didn't read the full article or you weren't paying close attention. 

Edit: the link Kyle posted was the PFT summary of the Athletic article rather than the full original article.

Edited by tgo

The full article, not the PFT summary, was an in depth article on Humphries and went into a bunch of things related to the FA decisions. 

Add in that he said at the time (March) that he took the Titans offer and confirmed that NE came in after that with an adjusted, higher offer.  He opted to keep his word and sign with Tennessee even though it was not a binding agreement yet. 

I said I wonder if Mariota is a reason. I wonder if JR plans to extend him and has big things expecting from him. Maybe he thinks he failed at getting him meaningful weapons and thinks Humphries is a weapon that will help plus Davis and a high draft pick. 

Or maybe he sold him on the thought if MM doesn’t pan out then he will make a big move to get a QB he can work with for 3 years until they want to extend him. 

The Titans and Pats were obviously the two finalists.

The fact that Humphries signed tells me he’s bought into JRob's vision and the team’s direction regardless who’s under center.  Based on JRob’s comments after the season,  I doubt he sugar-coated anything about the team’s QB situation;  Hump knew exactly what he was signing up for.

There’s also the possibility that the team parts ways with Marcus and extends Tannehill.  Many fans will see this as the least desirable option....but if a proven,  competent NFL starter is the team’s worst-case scenario, I’m sure Hump could live with that.

38 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

I said I wonder if Mariota is a reason. I wonder if JR plans to extend him and has big things expecting from him. Maybe he thinks he failed at getting him meaningful weapons and thinks Humphries is a weapon that will help plus Davis and a high draft pick. 

Or maybe he sold him on the thought if MM doesn’t pan out then he will make a big move to get a QB he can work with for 3 years until they want to extend him. 

Good luck using Mariota as your sales pitch.

It's a paywall site dude. They gotta get the numbers up to get the subs up. 

Bottom line: Jrob took a chance on Hump in Tampa. Hump appreciated that. Hump gave his word to Jrob. Hump has character, so he kept his word. End of story. Of course he thought about a bunch of other things. It's a big life decision. But those things didn't make the decision. 

Brady's age played a part, sure. Might be one of the reasons Gronk retired. But there were other reasons, probably more important reasons.

If whatever the Titans had to offer wasn't more appealing than the opportunity to potentially win a Super Bowl with Brady, even if it was just a one or two year opportunity, then he would have signed with the Patriots. Obviously Hump saw similar opportunity here but over a longer period of time.

Fan perceptions of where the team is on its path toward success are not aligned with the team's perceptions. The team is a lot closer to success than we might think.

4 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/03/adam-humphries-many-considerations-in-free-agency-included-bradys-age/

interesting. He has more faith in a mariota or an unknown QB over playing with Brady and more money...

FO told him some things. 

If MM doesn’t succeed they will likely make a huge trade for QB and if he does succeed they will sign him. Maybe JR has more faith  in MM we think

Probably more faith in tanny