Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry

Anyone here drive a newer model Accord or Camry ? In particular 2015-2019 year models.

I'm looking into purchasing a pre-owned vehicle here in the next month or so.

I've always been a big Honda fan and loved my previous Accord (2014) but the new style Camry's are nice too, so I'm throwing it in as an option and not just going and buying an Accord. 

I can look at specs all day, but was hoping someone here personally drives one and could tell me about any loves/hates with either model.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's your priority?   A. Driving enjoyment or B. Reliability?   A. Accord:  good reliability and fun to drive.   B. Camry:  bulletproof reliability but dull as dry toas

Whatever you do, check out carcomplaints.com and do a check of the year/make/model of whichever one you go with. In general, the Camry may be more reliable, but every year is different for each model.

Rednecks who make $15/hr? 

My wife has a newer Camry. It’s pretty sweet. Drives nice, clean look and we haven’t had any issues. I’d highly recommend it. We got the XSE V6 white with black roof top. 

Her previous car was a Camry too. Put about 150k miles on it. Didn’t have any major issues in the 10 years she had it. 

17 minutes ago, Opus74 said:

What's your priority?

A. Driving enjoyment or B. Reliability?

A. Accord:  good reliability and fun to drive.

B. Camry:  bulletproof reliability but dull as dry toast.

I really just need another vehicle after selling my Tahoe earlier this year and not replacing it.

I have a 2016 Chevrolet Malibu that I use primarily as storm chase vehicle. I didn't mind driving it for a bit - but now that storm season is wrapping up here on the southern plains and I have put close to 10,000 miles on it in the past month - I don't want to drive it as a daily any longer. 3 years.... 55k miles.... beat up by hail, trim falling off in places, etc. 

I know in previous years, the Camry has been kind of dull. I know the style has been upgraded quite a bit (doesn't look like a Grandma-mobile anymore) not sure about the drivability though. 

My wife has a newer Camry. It’s pretty sweet. Drives nice, clean look and we haven’t had any issues. I’d highly recommend it. We got the XSE V6 white with black roof top. 

Her previous car was a Camry too. Put about 150k miles on it. Didn’t have any major issues in the 10 years she had it. 

Thanks for the reply.

Did you compare against any other models or just go with the Camry because of previous owner experience ? Anything at all either you or she does not like about the Camry ? How is the stereo system ? If there was any one knock I had on my previous Accord it was that.

53 minutes ago, HigherLogic said:

I really just need another vehicle after selling my Tahoe earlier this year and not replacing it.

I have a 2016 Chevrolet Malibu that I use primarily as storm chase vehicle. I didn't mind driving it for a bit - but now that storm season is wrapping up here on the southern plains and I have put close to 10,000 miles on it in the past month - I don't want to drive it as a daily any longer. 3 years.... 55k miles.... beat up by hail, trim falling off in places, etc. 

I know in previous years, the Camry has been kind of dull. I know the style has been upgraded quite a bit (doesn't look like a Grandma-mobile anymore) not sure about the drivability though. 

Thanks for the reply.

Did you compare against any other models or just go with the Camry because of previous owner experience ? Anything at all either you or she does not like about the Camry ? How is the stereo system ? If there was any one knock I had on my previous Accord it was that.

Our model came with the JBL speakers so it sounds pretty good. 

I don’t have any complaints with it so far. 

We went Camry because that’s what we had before. I know the owner of the Toyota dealership so we always get taken care of there. 

Whatever you do, check out carcomplaints.com and do a check of the year/make/model of whichever one you go with. In general, the Camry may be more reliable, but every year is different for each model. 

Im a Honda/Acura guy myself. Had a 2007 Accord. Loved it. Last year of that design so there were literally no real issues that year. 2008 was a redesign year and Honda had transmission issues that year. 

Just do your research and take care of the car

Since I am looking into a Camry/Corolla/Prius/Civic myself right now as I prepare to move to the gas hell that is Southern California, this thread has perfect timing.

I am currently leasing a 2017 Lexus IS, with a few months left on the lease. Hate buying premium gas, but at least its cheap in Texas.

Edited by TitansFan777

15 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

Since I am looking into a Camry/Corolla/Prius/Civic myself right now as I prepare to move to the gas hell that is Southern California, this thread has perfect timing.

I am currently leasing a 2017 Lexus IS, with a few months left on the lease. Hate buying premium gas, but at least its cheap in Texas.

You going to drop in and say HI to Private StoogerTard when you’re driving your tardmobile through Arizona?

Honda all day over Toyota.

But I would consider a Tesla 3 base model over either of those. You can't get the base model on the website but you can call a dealership and get one with a 2-3 week wait.

The total cost of ownership in the Tesla is cheaper over 5 years if you're looking at higher trim levels of the Accord or the Camry.

And way more fun to drive.