Who Here Was Originally An Oilers Fan And Followed Them To Tennessee?

MIKE75

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't need to ask this. Look for the most bitter, cynical posters. Not the angry ones. The ones who are kind of numb, and resolved to suck forever. Those are the fans that used to be Oiler fans an

He actually addressed the team before the season and told them the team would be dismantled regardless of what happened because of upcoming free agency and the salary cap.   Entering that se

Houston native. I'm still pissed at Lanier and Adams for letting the team move.

10 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

What caused you to switch from the Bills to the Titans?

Honestly I was a teenager when I followed the bills during the early 90s they were really good and they came on the TV often. When the bills got bad and stopped being shown on local TV, I was a older teenager who didn't really follow the NFL while i pursued other interests. In 99 I got back into football and the Titans sparked my interest. The rest has been history. 

1 minute ago, MIKE75 said:

The ignore button is a lovely feature here.

I'm sure a healthy amount have this idiot on ignore.

This idiot knows a lot about Memphis. I used to live in Lakeland. You on the other hand..........

Got interested in football when i was about 10 or 11 lived in Manvel Texas at the time and the Oilers were on all the time. Moved about 2 years later. The only way I could see them was when they were playing the bengals or just keep up with them on the score alerts. Then they moved closer to where im living now so i stayed with them. Im pretty sure i got to watch the sideline fight live and wondering wtf was going on. 

Houston native, parents had season tickets and even my pee wee football teams were named the Oilers.

Went to college in Dallas and had to subscribe to the Houston Oilers Report to keep up with my favorite team. To this day, I’ve never forgiven the Cowboys and the Dallas market for rarely showing the noon Oilers’ games. 

Edited by Btowner

I was born and raised in Texas. Loved the Oilers since I was a very small child. Watched Earl Campbell in training camp in San Angelo, Texas. Was Texas Longhorn fan so really clinched me being an Oiler fan when Earl went to Oilers. Watched Brad Hopkins get drafted in the astrodome at the draft party. So I followed them to Tennessee.  Was also big time Steve McNair fan as well. My dad hated the cowboys and thus so do I.  Have been Oiler/Titan fan for about 55 years. 

Followed the Oilers from 1969, grew up in Houston. I got to play two high school football games in the old Dome 1977,1978.

My family were Cowboys fans I hated them! I lived in Foster Place about 10 miles from the Dome. As a kid I would ride my bike to the Dome for Oiler games. The team was so bad people would give tickets away at the door.