Who Here Was Originally An Oilers Fan And Followed Them To Tennessee?

MIKE75

The reason i'm asking is curiousity

What i am wondering is who here stuck with the team even after they came to Tennessee and became the Titans in 1999?

Just curious about hearing posters stories about what they went through in 1996 and what they thought of 1997 and 1998.....

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't need to ask this. Look for the most bitter, cynical posters. Not the angry ones. The ones who are kind of numb, and resolved to suck forever. Those are the fans that used to be Oiler fans an

He actually addressed the team before the season and told them the team would be dismantled regardless of what happened because of upcoming free agency and the salary cap.   Entering that se

Houston native. I'm still pissed at Lanier and Adams for letting the team move.

29 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

The reason i'm asking is curiousity

What i am wondering is who here stuck with the team even after they came to Tennessee and became the Titans in 1999?

Just curious about hearing posters stories about what they went through in 1996 and what they thought of 1997 and 1998.....

I had press passes in 1996 to all home games.  Got to go out to field the last 5 minutes of games. 

When I was a kid, my dad was a Cowboys fan, so I cheered for them. 

I eventually saw the Oilers play when I got a little older and wanted to choose my own team and casually watched them, so I rooted for them when we saw them play. 

I was thrilled to see the franchise move to Nashville and eventually become the Titans. 

5 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Lived in Houston as a kid in the mid to late 70’s.

Kept following them when they moved - it was the same organization - ownership to players.

most of the great Titans from the glory days were Oilers.

Did most if the great Titans buy their beer at the Piggly Wiggly In Houston? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

Really enjoy reading the responses so far.

Never knew a couple of the posters that responded were actually Oiler fans first

As for myself i was young living here in Memphis all through the 1980's and early 1990's when the city was trying to get an NFL team and was actually a finalist in the early 1990's but lost out to Charlotte and Jacksonville who got teams in 1995. Then the L.A. Rams moved to St. Louis and the team in Cleveland moved to Baltimore......

What was crazy was how Memphis pretty much became an afterthought and Nashville ended up with an NFL franchise.

Whats sad is the city of Memphis as a whole lost a lot of business for years going all the way back to the 1960's because of the assassination of MLK,poor race relations,poverty,etc.

Although Memphis had a bigger population than Nashville in the 1990's there were several things in Nashville's favor like the explosion of the country music business,more businesses moving and basing themselves in the area,not as much crime or poverty.

Then in '97 Memphis proved with the home games and poor attendance that it wouldnt work.

13 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Did most if the great Titans buy their beer at the Piggly Wiggly In Houston? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

Get a nice thread going should've known your crabby ass would show up. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

51 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

I was a childhood Bills fan and then adopted the team in 99. 

What caused you to switch from the Bills to the Titans?

2 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Get a nice thread going should've known your crabby ass would show up. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

Aw MikeTard, for some reason I don’t think you know jack shit about Memfrica. Would you like to prove me wrong in front of the homers?

32 minutes ago, Omar said:

Grandparents moved to Houston in ‘77 and got season tickets. It was all Oilers growing up. I was devastated when they moved to Tennessee, But I am loyal to the team. 

I may or may not have told anyone here this story.....

In 1980 when i was just starting school my father moved from Tennessee to Dallas then later Paris,Texas and we lived there for 2 years while my dad did iron work.

In the 1990's i found a picture of me when we lived in Texas with me decked out in Dallas Cowboys gear from head to toe. If i wouldve found that picture when i first got into football in '85 Dallas wouldve been my team. Ironically i cant stand Dallas Cowboys,lol.

Edited by MIKE75

I'm sure plenty of you Oiler fans from the 1970's remember this.......

Wins in November of '78 and '79  against the Cowboys and Dolphins. One was a MNF game the other T'Giving i think.