Pacman retiring from fooball

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 2006 he was almost singlehandedly winning games that VY got credit for winning. 

Now who would have thought Pacman would last 13 years in the NFL.  And bongo said at the time we drafted him that he wasn't gifted athletically and wasn't an impact player.

It's surprising he was able to have a career this long considering where he was around the time he was suspended and then traded to Dallas, it really looked like he's be jailed or dead.    I

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

It's surprising he was able to have a career this long considering where he was around the time he was suspended and then traded to Dallas, it really looked like he's be jailed or dead. 

It speaks to the incredible talent he had though. This guy his last year as a Titan was one of the best play making CBs in the league and a return man on the level of Devin Hester.

Had he taken his career seriously and not had the layoff he might be in the Dion Sanders area. 

He lost out on ten of millions of dollars

Sportrac shows Pacman earning $39M in his career.

Had he shown any semblance of being a respectable and responsible human being, his rookie deal would have expired in the same period where we first started seeing $100M contracts for non-QBs....and with his explosive talent and spectacular playmaking ability, he absolutely would have been in line for one of those deals, followed by another highly lucrative third contract a few years later.

I'd say he's easily cost himself at least $60-70M with his antics, immaturity, and straight-up stupidity.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:00 AM, nine said:

Sportrac shows Pacman earning $39M in his career.

Had he shown any semblance of being a respectable and responsible human being, his rookie deal would have expired in the same period where we first started seeing $100M contracts for non-QBs....and with his explosive talent and spectacular playmaking ability, he absolutely would have been in line for one of those deals, followed by another highly lucrative third contract a few years later.

I'd say he's easily cost himself at least $60-70M with his antics, immaturity, and straight-up stupidity.

He's likely got almost none of the $39M left too.

4 hours ago, abenjami said:

He's likely got almost none of the $39M left too.

The idiot has no money. I read a while back the bouncer was having to get behind the IRS and other creditors for the judgement against Jones. I remember reading a while back he was getting to keep little of his NFL salary. 

13 seasons will get Jones a nice pension but he can't get that until he's 55. 

Remember the story of Pacman blowing 1 mill in one weekend. 

He's Melvin with coverage and return ability!

19 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The idiot has no money. I read a while back the bouncer was having to get behind the IRS and other creditors for the judgement against Jones. I remember reading a while back he was getting to keep little of his NFL salary. 

13 seasons will get Jones a nice pension but he can't get that until he's 55. 

Remember the story of Pacman blowing 1 mill in one weekend. 

He's Melvin with coverage and return ability!

He has to survive another 17 or 18 years to get that pension. What’s the over/under on that?

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Odds are pretty good he makes it.  Seems to be much better now than he was. 

I would guess the opposite, he no longer has the “I’m a NFL player” protection when he bes Pac-Man!  Jail over/under 8 months.