'Going From Being A Good To A Great Team'

MIKE75

Noticed our GM Jon Robinson made that grand statement and i think it sounds awesome.

Vrabel also said it as well.

It was said on the premier of the second season of Igniting the Fire

You dont find many GM's that have that kind of faith in themselves as well as the team.

I think Vrabel/Robinson is the best GM/Head Coach duo we've had since Fisher/Reese.

It is on the team to ultimately deliver on this....

If the players can stay healthy the sky is the limit.

2 hours ago, Supernope said:

We gotta get the right people in the right seats on the bus ?

And perhaps make sure it isnt a short bus to start with 

Clearly they want to elevate into being a perennial playoff team, not a 9-7 team hoping to win a tiebreaker to get into the playoffs.  Of course, that's what every decent team wants.

This is the time of year where everyone looks great and this is our year and get the fan base excited for the season.  That's fine but show me don't tell me.

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Clearly they want to elevate into being a perennial playoff team, not a 9-7 team hoping to win a tiebreaker to get into the playoffs.  Of course, that's what every decent team wants.

This is the time of year where everyone looks great and this is our year and get the fan base excited for the season.  That's fine but show me don't tell me.

I was really high on last year's team, but didn't happen.  Looking back there was good reason to think last years team was going to be in the playoffs, possibly winning the division.  Then a seven hour game and the whole engine of the passing game threw a rod.  This year, the team is even better with an IF about Walker.  The schedule is tougher a lot of people say, but the schedule is the schedule.

I think going 9-7 three years in a row says something good, if we can add just one win.  Last year Buffalo, 2017 Arizona.  The Titans are not an easy out, but every week the opposition has us as a W or a possible W.  That's what we have to change.  

6 hours ago, Somedude said:

We are not even known as a good team. People generally think we are average at best. An irrelevant team at worst.

that's funny, every time I play madden online w33d_k1d_69 tells me the titans are ass.

43 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

They could start by winning the division. We play better against NFC teams.

The NFC is weaker.  Our trouble is the Colts and Texans, perennially good in recent years.  Just going 2-2 against them is pretty good.  The Jags are the Jags.  No matter how good the Jags get, we seem to be able to hang with them.  The other AFC divisions have beatable team every year.  This year the North looks like a dog fight, but Cincy is down.  Oakland is out west with Denver.  New England gets to scrimmage to prepare for the playoffs in the East.

5 hours ago, Huston said:

Having someone make a rookie impact like Kearse did would be a great first step.

Well that’s probably the best rookie season of any defensive player ever. He had like 10 forced fumbles that year. Fisher had a fucking squad in 99. 

Simmons could have a pretty solid impact next year though. 

6 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I think this is the wrong move. Going from a good team to a mediocre team seems like it would pay off more in the long run, Cotton.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:22 AM, NashvilleNinja said:

Come back when you've got a real answer.

I would love nothing more than to see this team take that next step.

GM Jon Robinson has done a hell of a job since starting here in 2016. The one thing i loved hearing was not only was he from Tennessee but he also was a fan of the team from his college years back when the team first started.

He has 3 straight winning seasons and all have been 9 win seasons.

Robinson and second year coach Mike Vrabel both want to take that next step and win more games.

Archived