Titans 2019 OTAs

Jonboy

3 hours ago, abc2330 said:

What was the difference between the talent on 16 and 17?  Murray may not have been the same, but that shouldn't make nearly that much of a difference

It was a huge difference. We went from having the best running game in the league to a bottom five running game and our line fell off a cliff. We also won a playoff game that year. Don’t be dense. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good little bits of information on the offseason program so far on today's OTP   - Amani Hooker is already taking reps with the 1st team defense and not looking out of place doing so.

This entire offseason and every thread is going to be a referendum on Mariota isn't it?

Lol.    Everyone knows if it was the opposite happening, you’d be grilling Mariota for not playing as fast. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It was a huge difference. We went from having the best running game in the league to a bottom five running game and our line fell off a cliff. We also won a playoff game that year. Don’t be dense. 

The entire offense was exposed , which includes the QB.  Teams focused on stopping the running game, putting more pressure on him to move the ball, and it resulted in a 13 TD 15 INT season.  I'm not sure why this is being used to defend him.  It just gives more substance to the argument that the OCs have had to hide him in the offense

Edited by abc2330

9 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The playoff win came the season with the shitty run game and mm throwing 13 TDs and 15 INTs

1 hour ago, japan said:

Why are you confused with what JRob is doing?

I'm not confused with what JRob is doing.  I guess I should have separated the thought out.  I'm just confused on the sudden disdain for Mariota and Winston.  Not as much Winston cause things were leading that way.  But its just nuts to me the sudden turnaround from backing the two to wanting to push both out of the league like they are hot garbage.

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

I'm not confused with what JRob is doing.  I guess I should have separated the thought out.  I'm just confused on the sudden disdain for Mariota and Winston.  Not as much Winston cause things were leading that way.  But its just nuts to me the sudden turnaround from backing the two to wanting to push both out of the league like they are hot garbage.

The last two years he sucked 

8 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

The entire offense was exposed , which includes the QB.  Teams focused on stopping the running game, putting more pressure on him to move the ball, and it resulted in a 13 TD 15 INT season.  I'm not sure why this is being used to defend him.  It just gives more substance to the argument that the OCs have had to hide him in the offense

The difference between Murray and the line was night and day. Stop already. 

I think most of arguments we have on here about mariota all lead to one thing. Inconsistency. But not just in the way everyone uses the word normally.

He does have pro's and con's.

Pro's

Clutch, Accurate, Athletic, dosn't make many mistakes, team belives in him.

Con's

Pocket awareness, indecisive, injury prone, throwing on the move.

The reason I say inconsistent but not in thenormal way is that everything I listed as a agreed upon strength and weakness can be put in the other catagory as well some times. 

Indecisive but throws no-look passes.

No pocket awareness but looks like Russel Wilson once every few games.

Accurate but tosses a Gabbert pass once and a while.

Most qb's have a near undeniable set of good and bad qualities but Mariota's strengths and weaknesses are also the oppisite from week to week.

I still think he can and hope he does succeed but its like buying scratch offs with him.

Point being most inconsistent players are better or worse but are generally good or bad at the same things. He is just everywhere.

Edited by Callidus

10 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The difference between Murray and the line was night and day. Stop already. 

Murray, sure.  The OL struggled because they couldn't blow 8 defenders off the LOS in a predictable scheme , which put more pressure on Mariota to make the most of his opportunities.  Which he did not.

And yes he looks slow and confused, but remember  what was said about learning Lafleur system, it would take some time. How many HC, OC, has he been through. I agree he needs to stay healthy and step up his game. But the changes hasn’t helped his confidence and game speed any at all. He looked confused. Throw in the injuries and he hasn’t lived up to what everyone wants in franchise QB. This year is make or break for him with the titans. The long list of injuries that was reported after the season sure didn’t help him either. Lots of things have affected his game. Our interior line was collapsed many times. How many dropped passes, dropped TD’s, etc.  go back and rewatch games and you see dropped passes in every game. I’m not blaming it all on everything else, he does need to step up. But this is his year to shine with the added offensive weapons. Titan Up.

2 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

Fromm could do the bare minimum expected of a rookie and outdo Mariota’s performance last year. 

So what exactly is the minimum a rookie qb is "expected" to do? Cause that is a meaningless statement at best and a loaded statment at worst

5 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I guess it just goes back to Mariota being a likeable guy.  The pitchforks just came out so suddenly with Mariota.

I think this narrative was built that all of Mariota's problems were on Mularkey and this false premise was built he was in some outdated offense. 

A year ago people were convinced Mariota was going to light it up under LaFluer. 

LaFluer came in and Mariota looked exactly the same and then people realized it was Mariota 

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic