Titans 2019 OTAs

Jonboy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good little bits of information on the offseason program so far on today's OTP   - Amani Hooker is already taking reps with the 1st team defense and not looking out of place doing so.

This entire offseason and every thread is going to be a referendum on Mariota isn't it?

Lol.    Everyone knows if it was the opposite happening, you’d be grilling Mariota for not playing as fast. 

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Seriously.  The constant negativity on Mariota from his posts is getting tiring.  I criticize Mariota but I realize that it is in the best interest of the team for him to succeed.  So, I was happy to read that Mariota did well in these OTA'S.

Ya, IMO there's a difference between being a realist on Mariota, i.e. he's been subpar and injured so he needs to be better and stay healthy this year or he's gone (which we've heard a million times and we all know at this point!) and the over the top negative posts.

Personally I think people should just ignore those types of posts because there's no point.

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Before this turned into Yet Another Mariota Thread there was the typical off-season homer posts about how great all of our players are playing against air and wearing shorts.

Davis has potential, but he needs to actually ball out this year. 1000 yards? Double digit TDs? Do something!

Brown has done literally nothing yet.

There's pretty much no chance Humphries matches is 2018 stats here. We're going to run the ball nearly 50% of the time. Between Davis, Brown, and Walker there's no chance he get 105 targets. Walker only had 65 and 74 in 2016 and 2017... Davis had 112 last year.

I’m not sure why anyone thinks we are going to pound the ball this year. It’s been the opposite of everything we’ve done from the draft through FA.

Smith is the second TE, but he isn’t an in-line player, so most of the time we have two TE’s on the field it will be Pruitt and Walker unless we are using a TE as a big slot. The idea Pruitt will get a ton of snaps over Humphries or Brown doesn’t make any sense. 

I could actually see us using more 3 TE sets this year and basically not using any 12 personnel unless it’s with Walker or Smith lined up at slot. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

8 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m not sure why anyone thinks we are going to pound the ball this year. It’s been the opposite of everything we’ve done from the draft through FA. I’m sure we’ll see Pruitt a ton over Humphries and Brown. 

Think it was either Turron Davenport or the A to Z Sports boys who mentioned today that Pruitt looked so lumbering/slow and out of place running as TE1 with the first team offense today.

3 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Mariota's best WR was double-teamed last year?  Waahh!!! The best WRs are doubled.the best pass rushers are doubled.  The best CBs are avoided.  The best QBs are cowered in fear of.  Yet opposing defenses actually wanted to force ours to throw the ball, by making him one of the most blitzed in the league.  What does that tell you?

uhh... pretty obviously that we didnt have shit to throw to after davis.  except the random infrequent TT deep shot.... below average DB's and LB's can pretty easily cover all the rest of our receiving options.  

3 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Why are you even a fan of this team? I’m starting to question your fandom. 

Im sure there are other boards that will allow you to jerk off to ARod. 

hes probably that tard that loved mattenberger so much. 

26 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m not sure why anyone thinks we are going to pound the ball this year. It’s been the opposite of everything we’ve done from the draft through FA.

Smith is the second TE, but he isn’t an in-line player, so most of the time we have two TE’s on the field it will be Pruitt and Walker unless we are using a TE as a big slot. The idea Pruitt will get a ton of snaps over Humphries or Brown doesn’t make any sense. 

I could actually see us using more 3 TE sets this year and basically not using any 12 personnel unless it’s with Walker or Smith lined up at slot. 

yeah exactly. people keep saying it.. but all indications are we are getting ready to spread it out. 

and we've said it a million times but it wouldnt make sense to plan a year where you hide the QB in his contract year... unless you want him gone... and if that were the case he'd already be gone.

14 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Think it was either Turron Davenport or the A to Z Sports boys who mentioned today that Pruitt looked so lumbering/slow and out of place running as TE1 with the first team offense today.

which is kinda weird considering his numbers tested similar to jonnu and delanie. 

22 minutes ago, titanruss said:

which is kinda weird considering his numbers tested similar to jonnu and delanie. 

Yeah he did.  But doesn't look that way on the field.  Even against lower competition in college 

6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Igniting the Fire Season 2 starts airing tomorrow for those interested.

Old Jim Collins book that many companies had employees read about 10 years ago.  No big surprises or revelations here.

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic