Titans 2019 OTAs

Jonboy

2 hours ago, abc2330 said:

I'm the packers fan.  And I say Tannehill>Mariota.

Mariota's potential shouldn't be considered.  He isn't developing.  Either he outperforms Tannehill in camp, or he shouldn't start.

Lol here's 100% your guy @Huston.

Edited by big2033

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good little bits of information on the offseason program so far on today's OTP   - Amani Hooker is already taking reps with the 1st team defense and not looking out of place doing so.

This entire offseason and every thread is going to be a referendum on Mariota isn't it?

Lol.    Everyone knows if it was the opposite happening, you’d be grilling Mariota for not playing as fast. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

What are the odds Mariota is on PEDs? Absolutely has to stay healthy, put on 13 lbs of mostly muscle in just a few months. 

We're talking about potentially 10s of millions on the line. 

If there was ever a scenario for an NFL player to get on PEDs Mariota is that case

You should report him to your pal Goodell.

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Based on what?

Based on final product. The only thing Mariota has left is his potential to take a leap before the end of his rookie contrack.

I know exactly what Tannehill is. 

So, I see Mariota as the better option when weighing present versus future. I see both as similar, but Mariota with better potential to be more than he is.

Rotoworld said it best in their post about his weight gain:

Mariota finds himself in the Ryan Tannehill zone in Nashville, entering into what seems to be his last chance to claim the starting job for the long haul. Ironically, it is Tannehill who will be backing him up.

I don't see the gain in giving Tannehill a shot before Mariota has one.

So maybe not better, but better option for us right now.

Edited by big2033

10 hours ago, tgo said:

Would also have to stay mostly healthy too imo. But it's certainly within the realm of possibility that he puts it together (and I hope to God he does). But I think his ceiling is well outside the top 7-10 QB range though. 

Yea, I'm pretty much there with you.  

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

What’s the attack on MM?  Pouting out that his play has been inconsistent and that the passing efficiency numbers are average to poor are facts.  That has to change if he wants to be the solution.

As for Tannehill, being a hedge isn’t an open competition for the job.  It is, however, a viable alternative that Mettenbeger, Cassell, and Gabbert were not.  Mariota was never in danger of being replaced with those 3.  With Tannehill, MM has to play consistently well or he can get benched.  That’s a new situation.

Maybe attacks was a poor choice in words. I’m just tired of this being the only thing anyone ever talks about and it’s been discussed to death. 

32 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

What are the odds Mariota is on PEDs? Absolutely has to stay healthy, put on 13 lbs of mostly muscle in just a few months. 

If there was ever a scenario for an NFL player to get on PEDs Mariota is that case

Mariota would be about the least likely player in the NFL to go down the PED path.

15 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

If Mariota can double his TDs and half his ints we might have something.  Wait, Tannehill did just that in 2014 and 2015.  

Aw Touched, Private SoxcatTard? Is he the one you would choose for an offensive? Where the hell is AlcibiadesTard tonight?

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Lets hope

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic