Titans 2019 OTAs

Jonboy

If Mariota can get it together and stay healthy I think with the talent around him we are a playoff team.  Win with the defense and running game and don't ask much of Maritoa.

pains me to say it but fisher-ball em to death. during the regular season.

then let Mariota loose in the playoffs and see where it takes you.

same way I saw McNair.  He was never a superbowl winning QB IMO but if you got him to the playoffs then you just never knew.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good little bits of information on the offseason program so far on today's OTP   - Amani Hooker is already taking reps with the 1st team defense and not looking out of place doing so.

This entire offseason and every thread is going to be a referendum on Mariota isn't it?

Lol.    Everyone knows if it was the opposite happening, you’d be grilling Mariota for not playing as fast. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Im drafting a qb in the first round next year regardless what happens.

I would give up a lot to move up for Fromm from Georgia. 

He is real deal. KJ Costello is a sleeper for the first round. Has big time talent and accurate and strong arm

13 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Except for a few games Mariota hasn't been the type of QB that goes out and wins games by himself.  For the team to take the next step he has to be capable of that when we need him to.  We saw some of that in the KC playoff game but almost too little too late.  I'd like to see us get up on some teams early and let our defense finish them off.  The NE game is a perfect game for us IMO.  We scored 24 points in the first half to their 10 and shut them out the rest of the way. 

that's really the biggest reason I have to not give up on Mariota.  I think he can win you a game ...not by himself but late in a game he can take over.  That's when his skillset becomes hard to defend.  It's one think to prepare for and keep Mariota down during the first 3 qtrs of a game.  Teams seem to be getting better at it, but when the pressure is on then you really have to start defending more.  One fuck up and he may run for 80 yards on you.

Its the fuckin pic 6 he throws on the first drive of a game that just has to stop.

Haven't been to the thread since page 23, so I thought I better catch up.  I went through 3-4 pages about VY?  WTF!  Now, we have found more evidence that Mariota sucks and even more evidence that Mariota doesn't suck.

I don't think Mariota talks about Mariota as much as we do.  

11 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The point is simple.  Be a positive out there.  Don't throw picks or take mindless sacks.  We can't wait until the 4th quarter for a light to go off.  Our defense will be good enough to crush a team when we get the lead. 

That's how this team is built.  If we get the lead, then we can "RELEASE THE KRAKEN"

48 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

The point is that Tanny looks great in shorts every damn year. But then games start. We can at least wait until preseason before crowning the guy.

And he is fine during games unless the defense gives up a ton of points and the OL opens the floodgates for sacks.  He had over a 100 QB rating through week 14 last year, but his defense gave up 33 PPG and the line gave up 16 sacks with 3 reserve OL (so I've hear heard) during the final 3 weeks

18 minutes ago, Huston said:

I bet you guys can keep this up for another 6 week no problem huh.

As long as I read, "but if he just had some help and avoided injuries!" 

I'll come swooping in like Superman!

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic