Titans 2019 OTAs

Jonboy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good little bits of information on the offseason program so far on today's OTP   - Amani Hooker is already taking reps with the 1st team defense and not looking out of place doing so.

This entire offseason and every thread is going to be a referendum on Mariota isn't it?

Lol.    Everyone knows if it was the opposite happening, you’d be grilling Mariota for not playing as fast. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Instead of going through all these numbers, isn't it easier just to say that Mariota has failed the "eye test".  I know what a franchise QB looks like and it's not Mariota.

When you watch the cut ups of those sacks and INTs he doesn't even look average 

11 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Instead of going through all these numbers, isn't it easier just to say that Mariota has failed the "eye test".  I know what a franchise QB looks like and it's not Mariota.

I guess AAS and Jrob doesn't have the same opinion like yours...yet.

13 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Of course not. What QB looks good when you watch videos of sacks and interceptions?

Depends 

In Mariota’s case it’s rookie type INTs and self inflicted sacks with a glaring lack of awareness 

If you can’t see that then you’re not seeing an obvious problem 

35 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Depends 

In Mariota’s case it’s rookie type INTs and self inflicted sacks with a glaring lack of awareness 

If you can’t see that then you’re not seeing an obvious problem 

I mean, I can definitely agree that some of them are pretty bad, but I would like to see cut ups of other QBs where they look pitiful and compare. 

38 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

To be fair any QB would look terrible if you only watched cut ups of just their sacks/INT.

You aren't going to see the better QBs looking like MM did in those cut ups. Do they all the occasional mistake, sure. Do they make terrible INTs/Sacks, sure. 

Mariota consistently looked lost. I believe he was the most sacked QB on a per drop back ratio. 

Here is the thing. The team bends over backwards to keep Mariota out of these situations. They ran the ball more on 1st down this past year than either year under Mularkey. 

They know he can't succeed being a drop back passer. 

I'd argue the decision should have already been made on Mariota if the team truly believes he has to be in a run first offense. We've seen him excel multiple times when the team goes hurry up and opens up the offense. The question is whether he can be consistent or not; the skills are there. I suspect his pocket awareness and lack of killer instinct, I'm just going to let it ride this season is a cringe worthy statement by the leader of the team, are things that he won't be able to overcome. I was willing to give him last year to prove it but the freak nerve injury washed the entire season out. If he does it this year can you really give him a long term contract? The answer should be no.

35 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Not sure what Russ is smoking but Collins was not the problem in the playoff loss to the Ravens. It's beyond moronic to claim VY would have done more. CJ went out early and the Titans still moved the ball all game. They fumbled twice inside the 20, missed a FG, and went for it on 4th&8 at the 30. at a minimum thats 12 points down the drain. 

KFC wasn’t the problem .. he wasn’t the solution and he wasn’t the problem. 

Im simply stating that we had no solutions after Christmas went down. The only chance we had at all was VY... 

now you can say he was terrible and all .. fine. I actually mostly agree with that. But we all saw big plays and players rallying around him. Comebacks and wins we shouldn’t have had. I’m not even saying it was VY doing it. But I AM saying we won more games during his time as a starter here than any other QB we’ve ever had.  Which is a fact. Ugly but true. 

So so the only option to win we had that game was to put him in as a wildcard and see how the  team responded.

I also said multiple times that it was an almost impossible decision for fisher to make. ... but I’m adamant in the argument that it was out only choice

32 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'd argue the decision should have already been made on Mariota if the team truly believes he has to be in a run first offense. We've seen him excel multiple times when the team goes hurry up and opens up the offense. The question is whether he can be consistent or not; the skills are there. I suspect his pocket awareness and lack of killer instinct, I'm just going to let it ride this season is a cringe worthy statement by the leader of the team, are things that he won't be able to overcome. I was willing to give him last year to prove it but the freak nerve injury washed the entire season out. If he does it this year can you really give him a long term contract? The answer should be no.

It’s purely a dedication to a passing first offense that’s the problem. 

Hes excelled as we’ve passed more. We refuse to do it. 

At at this point I almost think it’s amy pushing a run first attitude. 

Sink or swim is what people say? Well, let it friggin happen. 

When we come out throwing, he’s been good. When we come out hiding him ... he plays like an after thought instead of the focus. 

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic