Titans 2019 OTAs

Jonboy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good little bits of information on the offseason program so far on today's OTP   - Amani Hooker is already taking reps with the 1st team defense and not looking out of place doing so.

This entire offseason and every thread is going to be a referendum on Mariota isn't it?

Lol.    Everyone knows if it was the opposite happening, you’d be grilling Mariota for not playing as fast. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

The INT was a result of MM playing against a top 3 defense

the amazing play by Tannehill is a result of playing with a bunch of #2 and #3WRs going against backup defense

Our backup secondary still may be pretty damn good.  Relatively speaking, and relative to the backup WRs.  Paul mentioned a year ago that they were struggling against our deep CB group

Wake is such a good addition to this team.  I think that he'll be the leader of the defense, even if he isn't playing every snap.  Really intelligent, white collar IQ guy.  And he's been a personal trainer, meaning that he's dedicated to aiding the improvement of others.  I hope he plays here until he can't tolerate another snap. 

Those two are going to push each other. 

This offense has some serious potential assuming QB play from either guy is at least better than average. 

Availability is a must for Mariota this season. 

When was the last time the titans had 2 complete outside wr at the same time, let alone one. The fan base should be excited we should actually see some games where the defense is the worst unit on the field for a change, I know the home crowd would love some early leads.

22 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It's crazy how excited I'm getting about Brown. Logically I know he's largely the same player he was a couple of weeks ago but emotionally I feel like he's already a stud. Can't wait for this season.

Ditto. 

Was so scared we would take Butler or Metcalf in round 2 if we went WR but that’s likely due to previous drafting of WR like Hunter, DGB not done by the GM in charge now. He went with a route savvy, high IQ, big, strong, versatile, quick and fast guy with big time production. 

AJ Brown was my top WR in the draft right next to Marquise Brown. I had Parris Campbell right there at 3 and Isabella at 4. 

I had a “not draftable” grade on Metcalf and a 6th rounder on Butler. Not that my opinion matters for shit but I’m glad JR didn’t go for hype and measureables but went with the best player. 

I really feel as if Brown is a cross between Keenan Allen and JuJu

If you watch a little more you could almost say Brown has a lot of young Dez Bryant in his prime, to his game. 

I dont know the exact measurements but i would guess they are built the same and likely had same combine numbers. 

The physicality is definitely there. Dude also blocks his ass off. He takes run blocking as serious as catching touchdowns. 

Edited by Kyle021

5 minutes ago, Huston said:

When was the last time the titans had 2 complete outside wr at the same time, let alone one. The fan base should be excited we should actually see some games where the defense is the worst unit on the field for a change, I know the home crowd would love some early leads.

I hate how the large portion of this board assumes Brown is a slot WR. 

He played a ton on the outside and went to the slot this year when Metcalf got hurt and he also played there sparingly. 

Lodge couldn’t play slot

AJ Brown will start day one on the outside and 3 WR sets will be Davis and Brown outside with Humphries in the slot. 

What a fucking offense this could be when you think of the OL we have and how good they can be at screens. Saffold is fucking legit and Lewan is athletic as fuck and Jones is very good on screens. Conklin is a former All Pro. He will be fine. 

Then you have a healthy Davis, Brown, Humphries, Walker on the field for passing downs. Four WO sets will either be Taylor or Sharpe on the field as #4 or we could flex Smith in there somehow. 

Throw in Lewis in the backfield and the threat of MM’s legs and defenses will be on their heels all game long. 

We we will be a big play waiting to happen. 

Also Henry is going to run all over defenses out of 3 WR sets where they actually have to defend Walker, and account for a top tier slot option and an explosive Brown. That takes a S out of the box bc they can’t single cover all 4 of them and it’ll create a lot of room for Henry. The LB keying on the play will have to watch MM first and then shift to Henry and by then it could be too late with how stout this OL is

Edited by Kyle021

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic